RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing Static Buildings

Phantom

Knight
Necrotecha said:
i did edit datapath, i think theres somethign else i did improperly, an read and interpret what instructions i have i can't relaly figure out what taht is.

If your getting that error, you didn't follow the directions in DataPath.cs

Calbracht

Wanderer
hrrmm i don t have the Verdata either, but since you are Editing Building you wouldnt need it. I don't Understand why this is happpening is your Runuo.exe Loading up fine? any errors?

Phantom

Knight
Necrotecha said:
PHP:
* private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";
		 */
		private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";

well as i said, i used my own file path so this is what it looks like in my datapath.

i should not that when i transfered my files INTO the "data files" folder the VerData.mul file doesnt and never has existed on my computer at any time, i did manual searches and looked with teh find files or folders option and it couldt find it, though i dont know if that would be causing this problem.

The client no longer uses the Verdata.mul it doesn't even read it.

If your getting that error, that it cannot write to the files, your path is wrong or you were missing the files pick one.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
PLEASE NOTE:

* private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";
*/
private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";

THE TOP PART ( * private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";
*/ ) IS A COMMENT!

You do not need to do *anything* to the comment. It is simply there for example purposes.

Necrotecha

Wanderer
yes, runuo loads fine.

what do you mean phantom "pick one"?

oops, wel if it has any effect taht i did change that comment line, should i fix it?

it loks like RCO, its 1.0.0 though, i just put it there so i can remember the file paths myself, i used RCO a long time ago.

Calbracht

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK said:
PLEASE NOTE:

*/

THE TOP PART ( * private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";
*/ ) IS A COMMENT!

You do not need to do *anything* to the comment. It is simply there for example purposes.

how does this post help? doesnt matter if it is a Comment, the server will just pass it up.

Calbracht

Wanderer
Necrotecha said:
yes, runuo loads fine.

what do you mean phantom "pick one"?

oops, wel if it has any effect taht i did change that comment line, should i fix it?

it loks like RCO, its 1.0.0 though, i just put it there so i can remember the file paths myself, i used RCO a long time ago.

change as in Removed the *

Calbracht

Wanderer
ok so server loads up fine When you try to login it wont let you. You ip could of changed or if you are behind a Routeryou 192.168.1.xxx (LAN) Ip could of changed.

www.whatismyip.com check your WAN IP

Click start Run Type in CMD then press enter, Then tpye ipconfig to see if your LAN Ip changed. This is only needed if you are behind a Router. (If it changed you will have to redirect ports to new ip)

Necrotecha

Wanderer
whew, ok, i got this working thanks to all your adice, which i appreciate greatly and its now saying "unfreeze operation has completed successefully" when i unfreeze something, but now how, once something is unfrozen can i delete it, I.E. a wall or something along that line?

Necrotecha

Wanderer
when i use delete, wipe, etc it doesn delete the objects, nor can i use [props on them and npc's can walk through them btu i cannot.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Y'need to update your client files.

It *is* deleting them, you just can't see it because your client is looking at different maps than the server.