RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elven Headgear

Elven Headgear

I'm really tired of my elf not being able to wear a hat. It's such a downer on the personality of your character not to be able to wear one. I understand that elves are supposed to be graceful and beautiful, but that doesn't mean they have to show their pretty head all day every day. Probably, this will take in-depth modification of *something* I've never heard of, but I would really appreciate it if this could be done. My character's head is cold!

I don't know how any of it works, but it should just be a matter of changing around art files, right? It would be nice if this could be clientside, but I'm not sure if it works that way. As far as I'm concerned, humans and elves use the same art except for their paper doll. There may be some differences, but they're the same size and shape, so... Hopefully this is possible?

johnr

Sorceror
There is a file located in the uo directory called Equipconv.def, it contains methods to change armor based on what body the mobile is using. There is a section in there specifing elven head gear, i would imagine to remove the elven headwear change, you could simply comment them all out or remove them all together.

Hope that helps.