RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

error

neck

Wanderer
error

i am unable to connect to database i also have a system.data.odbc.odbcexception: error [im002] [micrisoft][odbc driver manger] data source not found and not default driver specifed

so can someone put this in my into some basic words to me what kind of error is this what i need to do to fix it

ty neck

vendoth

Wanderer
It sounds like you either don't have ODBC installed properly, or you don't have your database set up correctly...

Cyberspud

Wanderer
The ODBC enables RunUO to connect to a MySQL database. Eventually when the "MyRunUO" feature is finished, you will be able to view players and character data ala OSI's "MyUO". For now, however, you just need the ODBC drivers:

You can download it from Microsoft here.

neck

Wanderer
so how would i configure it me real new to all this i just want to run uo for me and my wife on seprent computers

Kamron

Knight
Alot of times this is caused by the wrong .NET framework version causing it to think that the ODBC is misconfigured. Please make sure you have the newest .NET framework version (1.1.something)

Cyberspud

Wanderer
I apologize, I should have paid closer attention to the error message. :oops: Sorry.

The "no default driver found" could mean you need the MySQL ODBC driver as well.

You can download that from the MySQL site here. You will have to scroll down a bit to find the "Windows Downloads" section...just just pick the "Driver Installer".