RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error?

Balor

Wanderer
Error?

I try to start Razor but...

Razor.exe fatal error
CLR error: 80004005
the program will now terminate

Windows XP Pro
Latest Razor Beta9
I HAVE .NET 1.1 INSTALLED

Any suggestion, solutions, help?

Quantos

Lord
Uninstall .Net 1.1 and reinstall it. Here is a link.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

Phantom

Knight
Are you installing the write version of 1.1 for your system?

Ie

You can't install the english framework on a non-english Windows installation.

Balor

Wanderer
Ok i need help
"CLR error: 80004005"
This error means that the application couldnt open something it needed.
Ym question is, what cant it open. Then my next question is how to fix it. I know its my system. Not the framework or razor but i need insight the devs here know more about it than i and can give me the info i need. Can anyone help?

Phantom

Knight
Uninstall the framework version you have installed. Uninstall Ultima Online.

1) Install 1.1 .NET Framework

2) Install and Patch UO to 4.0.1b

If that doesn't work I am going to say its your system. Be sure your using the "current" version of Razor.

Balor

Wanderer
so i cannot use a client made by the shard i play on. Metropolis has a client that i downloaded. I use that one. I have also tried to access uo via UOG, doesnt work either same error.
So Razor does access files in my UO directory and my client?

Balor

Wanderer
Ill try to reinstall everything including UO. Then ill patch it to completion and run again if no luck im giving up :(

Quantos

Lord
I know that Razor works with UO Client 4.0.1b. I use it. It's probably a problem with the custom client you are running.

Phantom

Knight
Balor said:
so i cannot use a client made by the shard i play on. Metropolis has a client that i downloaded. I use that one. I have also tried to access uo via UOG, doesnt work either same error.
So Razor does access files in my UO directory and my client?

If its not named client.exe no you cannot.

My guess thats the problem.

Balor

Wanderer
All it is is a riced 4.0.1 b same name man. Nothing special its not the client its not the framework, its not razor id even suspect. Its got to be something in my system.

Phantom

Knight
Balor said:
All it is is a riced 4.0.1 b same name man. Nothing special its not the client its not the framework, its not razor id even suspect. Its got to be something in my system.

Thats exactly what the problem is.

Razor removes the encryption.

This is yet another reason why WE DO NOT SUPPORT UO RICE.

Balor

Wanderer
Here is a wierd question. would the name of my UO directory make a difference. I.E.(ultima online 2d / ultima online)