RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evolution Mercenary

orpheus

Sorceror
friends of mine had something like this on their sphere shard.
one great thing I see missing from this one, and hoping someone could tell me how to do it (I'm pretty clueless about scripting) and the idea is, when a player places a potion or bandages in his pack, he uses them when he needs it.

otherwise, this is a great script.

Rob24

Sorceror
Level 6 and Level 7

Umm when it go to level 6 there is no cloth or armor on it at all
And its then same for level 7 is this a BUG??

Well if it is a bug how can we fix this??

Josh787

Wanderer
help lol

i am just strating this admin thing and don't know anything lol chould some on go trow it with me step by step how to add this merc in the scrips i need help try. LOL i have seen the merc in a shard i play in and it is very fun whould like to put it on my shard i am building if anyone can help i whould be very Greatful tyvm.

Grae

Wanderer
Rob24 said:
Umm when it go to level 6 there is no cloth or armor on it at all
And its then same for level 7 is this a BUG??

Well if it is a bug how can we fix this??
From Lvl 6 onwards you have to dress it yourself, you supply the clothes, armour, weapons, shields and mounts. To dress it, drop the items on his head (not in the paperdoll). ;)

Josh787 said:
i am just strating this admin thing and don't know anything lol chould some on go trow it with me step by step how to add this merc in the scrips i need help try. LOL i have seen the merc in a shard i play in and it is very fun whould like to put it on my shard i am building if anyone can help i whould be very Greatful tyvm.
Download:- AnimalTrainer.cs & Evolution Mercenary.zip from post #1.

Change AnimalTrainer.cs script in folder \RunUO\Scripts\Mobiles\Vendors\NPC with the one you downloaded.

Unzip Evolution Mercenary.zip (it should unzip into it's own folder).

In /RunUO/scripts/ create a folder called Custom (this is where you place all your custom scripts).

Now copy the Unzipped Evolution Mercenary folder into the new Custom folder.

If you DON'T have Evolution Dragons, delete the KPCommand.cs in the Evolution Mercenary Folder you placed in the Custom Folder.

If you DO have Evolution Dragons, then delete the FOR SERVER WITHOUT EVOLUTIONDRAGON Folder in the Evolution Mercenary Folder you placed in the Custom Folder.

Start your RunUO Server... if all goes well it should compile without errors.

Good Luck ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadoul,

I noticed all the Merc's are Males, would be good if it was a random Male/Female. However I found if you change the Merc to a Female and want to place Female Armour on it, you have to be a Female yourself to do so. So unless the Owner of the Female Merc has no Magery to Polymorph into Female Form, then the Owner can only dress the Female Merc in Male Armour.

One of the better scripts I have seen in quite a while... well done and keep up the excellent work.

Peace out. ;)

H

hudel

do I have to stable the merc like an animal or can I leave him on his horse in my house or somewhere in the city? :confused:

Josh787

Wanderer
ty

ty for your help the only pro is that i had no trouble downloading the merc but the animaltrainer.cs i don't know how to down load that i just d/click on it and it goes into it do i just copy it or what?

H

hudel

Josh787 said:
ty for your help the only pro is that i had no trouble downloading the merc but the animaltrainer.cs i don't know how to down load that i just d/click on it and it goes into it do i just copy it or what?

single click on the animalTrainer.cs --> save it to your customs folder --> delete or disable the distro animalTrainer (scripts/mobiles/vendors/NPC) and start your server... good luck.

Grae

Wanderer
Lord Neo said:
I recommend stableing them, thats my opinion tho. :p

I agree with Lord Neo, since if you have to use the stable you are limited to how many followers you can have, since stables will only allow you a limited amount of storage space.

At least with the Stable method they are limtied to One Evo Merc & One Evo Dragon, Two with GM Animal Taming & Animal Lore. With this method you have more purpose for Pet Summoning Balls. But you still have to deliver the Evo Merc back to a Stable when finished. I would recommend this method for Shards with a Medium to Large Player Base. ;)

The method I am using (only because I have a very Small Player Base) is a Pet Shrink Leash which works with the Shrink System. Only reason I have the Shrink System is so the Pet Shrink Leash will work. The players basically buy the Pet Shrink Leash off the Token Reward Stone, for a very large amount of tokens, which I set as blessed (optional) since it costs them alot. Whenever they are finished with the Evo Merc they Double Click the Pet Shrink Leash and target the Evo Merc, shrinking him/her into their backpacks. Will work on any pet for that matter.

However, this can cause a problem. Instead of players using stables, they are shrinking ALL their pets. If you have Evo Dragons, they can become worthless, since players tend to breed them, shrink them and store them, over populating the world with them. Even placing them on Player Vendors for sale. :eek:

For example I came across one player who had a few Bags Of Holding, one bag held 6 Evo Mercs, second had about 12 Female Evo Dragons & 1 Male (for breeding purposes), third was filled with Evo Dragon Eggs, too many to count. Fourth bag was filled with assorted other types of animals & mounts. :mad:

Also, because I use the Shrink Method, I removed the use of Pet Bonding Deeds. Since they were selling Fully Evolved Evo Dragons & Evo Mercs, the Buyer would then get a Pet Bond Deed to have them Bond with them. Without the Bonding Deeds Players could still buy the Shrunk Evo Mercs & Evo Dragons, but had no way to have them Bond, so if the Evo Merc or Evo Dragon died it was lost for good.

Either way there is a couple of ways of dealing with it, your choice in the end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does a weapons attributes work for the Merc as they would a Player?

I also have some questions about the EvoMerc.cs

Code:
[Constructable]
		public EvoMerc() : base( AIType.AI_Melee, FightMode.Closest, 10, 1, 0.2, 0.4 )
		{
			[b]InitStats( 40, 30, 5 );[/b]
			Name = "A Mercenary";
			Title = "";

SpeechHue = Utility.RandomDyedHue();

Hue = Utility.RandomSkinHue();
What is InitStats(40, 30, 5);

I thought it was Initial Stats (Str 40, Dex 30, Int 5), but when I adjust them they have no effect. I thought they might be like Player Base Stats upon creation.

While going over this script, over & over & over... I noticed an error. To achieve level 6 you need 7,750,000 KP. However to achieve level 7 it is only 1,500,00 so basically next hit after reaching level 6 you go straight to level 7. There is a zero missing off the end of the required KP to reach level 7. It should be 15,000,000 not 1,500,000.

Be Well...
Peace Out.

Fal Da'Hart

Wanderer
evo partner?

not just a merc, but possibly someone that learns and grows as you do, so you have to work as well so he gets better. still dress them up when they get to higher levels and evolve, but he's only as good as you are. as you work on skills, so does he, so he's almost an exact copy of you, and only as good as you. as you're working on say, BS or something, he will occasionally duplicate the item you're working on and you should be able to say "you use it" or "hand it here". when you're mining, he also mines for ore so he only has what you have, etc. like i said, dunno if it's possible, but i think it's a mod i'd like to have on the evo merc.

habitat85

Wanderer
When it gets dismounted by a monster the ethereal goes in to its backpack also blessed armor and weapons too and you cant grab the items out of its pack, says you need to steal it. Is there a way to fix this?

Tintamar

Sorceror
<merc name> drop

I got a question.
When you equip the mercenary artifacts such as spirit of the totam it doesnt add the +20 str to hit stats unless the server gets restart while hes wearing it. Why is this and is there a way to fix that?

milva

Sorceror
We added this system and the animaltrainer script- suddenly had 2 players try to claim their merc and was not there. Any ideas of what could be going on with loss of merc in stable? Thanks!

Candle

Sorceror
is there any simple way to get the shrink command to work on them? like using a leash or a potion. i have both the leash and potion on my server, but when i try to shrink the merc he just gives me a dirty look. my admin can use the [shrink command on it, and it shrinks just fine, but not players. I'm only asking because my animaltrainer.cs has been modified by a different script and does not contain the same lines as yours so i cant edit it to stable the merc. mine looks like this...

protected override void OnTarget( Mobile from, object targeted )
{
if ( targeted is BaseCreature )
m_Trainer.EndStable( from, (BaseCreature)targeted );
else if ( targeted == from )
m_Trainer.SayTo( from, 502672 ); // HA HA HA! Sorry, I am not an inn.
else
m_Trainer.SayTo( from, 1048053 ); // You can't stable that!

milva

Sorceror
One other question- would any one know what to add in the script so a merc can't be used to attack another player- only monsters/npcs?
Thanks!

Siren853

Wanderer
I know that this thread is really old, but I'm havin an issue with it. When my players try to stable their mercs, it says 'you don't own that pet' even if they do. I did change the animal trainer to fit the needs so I don't know whats wrong....anyone know how to fix it?