RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansions for RunUO 2.5

Nozgo1

Sorceror
I have read a lot about the different expansions in Runuo. I currently run my shard with expansion set to "None" using RunUO 2.5 and UO patched all the way. It reverted many things and seems like I can work with it.
I see the following expansion listed in Server/ExpansionInfo.cs.
ExpansionNone = None,
ExpansionT2A = T2A,
ExpansionUOR = ExpansionT2A | UOR,
ExpansionUOTD = ExpansionUOR | UOTD,
ExpansionLBR = ExpansionUOTD | LBR,
ExpansionAOS = ExpansionLBR | AOS | LiveAccount,
ExpansionSE = ExpansionAOS | SE,
ExpansionML = ExpansionSE | ML | NinthAge,
ExpansionSA = ExpansionML | SA | Gothic | Rustic,
ExpansionHS = ExpansionSA | HS

My question is - Is there any difference using the current version of RunUO between selecting UOR, UOTD or LBR in the CurrentExpansion.cs file? As I said, my current setting is this-
Sripts/Misc/CurrentExpansion.cs - line 8
private static readonly Expansion Expansion = Expansion.None;

Would any functionalities from the Renaissance, Third Dawn, Lord Blackthorns Revenge be added if I change that line to
private static readonly Expansion Expansion = Expansion.LBR;

I only ask because from most of the posts I have read here it seems most everyone thinks it just goes from "None" to "AOS".

Twlizer

Sorceror
Im not sure how much difference it makes between LBR and UOR but I will say prepare yourself to modify every single file on the server for UOR or LBR to function correctly.

Im UOR and it took a team of 5 guys 60 days

Nozgo1

Sorceror
Well, I have just changed to UOTD and am currently checking if anything is different. Not sure yet. I know as far as context menues go, everything before AOS is pretty much treated as "None". Was just hoping someone might be around that was in the know. There are plenty around that "kinda have a guess but not sure".
More to what you were saying though. Unless your trying to become the next big 1000 player shard, there is no real reason to put too much effort into making things so precisely "UOR", or "Pre-T2A". I have hosted several shards for just 5-10 people, 20 max. Just setting things to expansion "None" and minor tweaks with the help of a few scripts from the forum seems fine. Less than a week usually, and we are up and runnin and havin a blast. My wife and I are the only ones around here who really remember what UO was like in 2001 anyways. And hell, you could have a team of 20 workin on it for a year, and you still wouldn't have things exactly as they were. Our memories are clouded by many things, and even the UO Guide sites are woefully inaccurate and riddled with rumors. I know Tram is pretty jacked now, but setting things up so people who are new, and/or don't care can play around in tram, and the rest of us can play in Fel and jck with them when they come to Fel for the Champs and extra resource gains..... GOOD TIMES! I really love the people who have worked on this project throughout the years.... I owe them a lot.

Twlizer

Sorceror
Well our goal was always to compete.....

We have a group of guys and gals the recode server daily. Can we compete I don't know but it will be as quality of a server as any other that are currently out there.

We are not pure UOR we surly have some AOS implements we wanted. I would say we are a hybrid style server for sure.

Login and see what you think so for of our progress..

server.ultimaonlineaddiction.com 2593

Ever script in the server has been modified or rewritten. We too UOR attbs and Some parts of AOS spell casting and timings. We also used AOS Ondeath methods.

So we surly are a hybrid not pure UOR server and only a few things we keep AOS. The AOS features were keep only after player testing..