RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falling Through Floors

Phr3d13

Sorceror
Falling through floors tutorial - If you are trying to run a shard and keep falling through floors, here are some things you might want to look at before posting another "Help, I keep falling through floors!" post.

1) The client and server must be running the same version files (ie: server running with version 7.0.8.1 files, client needs to be at or near 7.0.8.1)
2) Different runuo versions support different client versions (ie: Runuo 2.1's max version is about 7.0.12.0, Runuo 2.0 Final's max version is around 7.0.8.0)
3)Got this in a PM, made sense, decided to add it...
Tarn Blackhail said:
okay. try this.
go to: [URL='http://www.download.com[/url]']www.download.com[/url]
search: Mondain's Legacy
Download: the Mondains Legacy Client.
----
UNINSTALL: everything UO, (clients)
go into PROGRAM FILES:
Delete all UO directory folders, and their contents.
----
Install: The Mondains Legacy Client you got at Download.Com
Run the patcher: to a patch you would like to be at.
----
Go into DataPath.CS (Scripts>Misc)
Go to your Ultima Online Directory (client folder)
Copy the entire directory (EXAMPLE: C:\program files\ea games\ Ultima Online Mondains Legacy)
----
Find this code, in DataPath.CS
Code:
private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic";
(may vary)

PASTE your directory, over the old one, being careful not to erase any of the code around it.
4)
sorry for posting in your tutorial, but in response to azden's issue;
you might want to check MapDefinitions.CS in Scripts>Misc;
Code:
MultiComponentList.PostHSFormat = true; // OSI Client Patch 7.0.9.0
should be:
Code:
MultiComponentList.PostHSFormat = false; // OSI Client Patch 7.0.9.0
IF:
client less than 7.0.9.0
5)
Might as well add another useful tidbit of information:
IN CurrentExpansion.CS
make sure this line:
Code:
private static readonly Expansion Expansion = Expansion.ML;
is set to Expansion.ML. , or whatever expansion you run.
6) Will add anything else that presents itself...

Azden777

Page
This is good to know, my brother was testing player made houses and as soon as he stepped in he fell through the floor. How do I find out what client files my RunUO 2.1 has, and how do I reset it? I'm using 6.0.1.10. I made many different versions installed though.

Phr3d13

Sorceror
look in datapath.cs for something like this
Code:
//	private static string CustomPath = null;
		private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Server Files";
and replace the path with your own

Tarn Blackhail

Sorceror
sorry for posting in your tutorial, but in response to azden's issue;
you might want to check MapDefinitions.CS in Scripts>Misc;
Code:
MultiComponentList.PostHSFormat = true; // OSI Client Patch 7.0.9.0
should be:
Code:
MultiComponentList.PostHSFormat = false; // OSI Client Patch 7.0.9.0
IF:
client less than 7.0.9.0<--- oops typo, i was 48 hours awake

my information was gathered by trouble shooting an issue i had previously in which my housing was messed up.

Hiring Man

Sorceror
Yes same here, it should be false if lower than that because
1, it makes more sense and
2, if you read it correctly,
Code:
true;// OSI Client Patch 7.0.9.0
so saying true to it is patch 7.0.9.0 and false to its not 7.0.9.0.
anyways i believe thats right any who, i should be gone already haha i'm running late. Cya.

Tarn Blackhail

Sorceror
Might as well add another useful tidbit of information:
IN CurrentExpansion.CS
make sure this line:
Code:
private static readonly Expansion Expansion = Expansion.ML;
is set to Expansion.ML. , or whatever expansion you run.

i found a lil bit of a solution for falling through the map in trammal and mobs falling through the map and walking through walls in the mapdef.cs change the numbers for trammal to this
Code:
            RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca",        MapRules.FeluccaRules );
            RegisterMap( 1, 1, 0, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",        MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar",    MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas",        MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno",        MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur",        MapRules.TrammelRules );

i changed RegisterMap( 1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules ); to
RegisterMap( 1, 1, 0, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules );
and that fixed my falling through the map issues and the door spawns for trammel as well so now i have no map issues at all just by changing a 1 to a 0 hope this helps out for others that may be having the same problem

Phr3d13

Sorceror
i found a lil bit of a solution for falling through the map in trammal and mobs falling through the map and walking through walls in the mapdef.cs change the numbers for trammal to this
Code:
            RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca",        MapRules.FeluccaRules );
            RegisterMap( 1, 1, 0, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",        MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar",    MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas",        MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno",        MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur",        MapRules.TrammelRules );

i changed RegisterMap( 1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules ); to
RegisterMap( 1, 1, 0, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules );
and that fixed my falling through the map issues and the door spawns for trammel as well so now i have no map issues at all just by changing a 1 to a 0 hope this helps out for others that may be having the same problem
sounds like you're using a client before the map split

maybe I'm not really sure to be honest just know i fixed my problem lol is there any advantage to upgrade my client or would be be alright to just keep what i got

Phr3d13

Sorceror

in mapdefinitions.cs, what's this set at?
Code:
TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = false; // OSI Client Patch 6.0.0.0

just a question but why would i change it to true if i am Not having issues now like i stated above i changed the trammel map 1,1,1, to 1,1,0, and now i don't have the falling through the map Issue it was fixed when i did that I was just wondering if I am using an older client that is not split maps is there an advantage to update my client or just keep the one i have sense i am not having anymore issues with it as of yet?