RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farming??

Pineman

Wanderer
Farming??

I like the idea of being a farmer... dont ask me why... :? ..well anyways.. Im not the best scripter guy in the world. im asking how easy it would be to do. and if it would even be worth it.. like regents cotton flax corn yada yada yada.... go to the store buy seeds plant them.. they grow.. you harvest? anual and perenial plants? that way you dont have to buy regents all the time (which i hate the idea of regents).. if not that ... how hard woudl it be to make a chia pet in scripting? so like you raise the plant and get something from it (healing potions, almost special type junk)
im prolly stupid for even sugesting it but whats the harm. :)

Dian

Sorceror
ROFL a UO Chi chi chi CHIA..

This has been scripted with other EMU's, as matter of fact, (POL for one i know) a plant that produces a reagent spawn, that you can pick a certain reagent depending on what plant you have grown, about every 5 minutes or so..
Basicly, its all a matter of scripting the system how you want it.
Once regions are supported with RunUO, you could script spawn regions for corn, cotton, weat, etc.. in farm land areas.. anything you want to do. Make the Weat sheafs somthing a farmer can 'bail' up, when enough weat is picked.. I dunno.. but you get the idea.
Basicly, If you can think of it, it can be scripted to work. (98% i guess)
Hope that helps a little :)

Falkarma

Wanderer
This is a very important thing indeed. And i'm happy to see some people think the same way I do.

There are lot of way you could do it. First, you must concentratre on a common base classes. .like "BasePlant"

This base plant have some flag and virtual/abstract functions. Even if you don't code very well in C#, there are lots of thing you can do.

Enumerate what are the plants that exist in UO.
-Create a "tree" of what each plan give
-Give the parameters for the commen base (contidition, anual, perenial, hit point)
-Dressing a list of Idea: Ex:
-----A plant have a condition, if you don't give water the condition lower
-----If the condition reach 0 = die,
-----The skill "Cooking" used on a plant give the condition of the plan.
-----The plant work with a timer and a "grow pourcentage".
-----When the timer end, the plant grow depending on it condition.
-----Only when a plant is grow it gives items.
-----if its winter , the plant die.

Well, having all those idea dressed up, you can ask for someone more advanded in C# to build the base of the system.

Etalicus

Sorceror
:evil:
not that im one that will use it but i always thought it should be there for those who wish to create a true town experience online but im not sure i would like it to spawn so fast make some thing like 2 or more days that way you have to tend to the fields and make sure animals or people do raide them maybe even have a direct connection between farmers and npc who sell those type of good grown if there are no farmers prices go sky high if alot of farmers price drop
:twisted:

Lady Roanoke

Wanderer
cactus

can a cactus be scripted to give water? that would be a neat one.
And the plant growing in bowls.
And wheat is used for bakers... remember the flour mill...