RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[FeatureRequest] Season Override

fuckwaiting

Wanderer
[FeatureRequest] Season Override

It would be nice to have a feature in Razor that overrides the shard's selected season. Sometimes the administrators of shards have bad taste or sometimes it is nice to toggle between seasons.

More specifically, if a shard uses a season that puts passable brambles in place of an impassable small tree for instance, it can cause unneeded bouncing as you try to run through a forest.

The original UO "season" when they didn't have seasons was best or least bugged.

Thanks!

nachtgeist03

Wanderer
Not quite sure what your talking about, other than I know there's a visual difference between the way trammel and felucia looks, so if the shard only has one facet (fel for example), they might elect to use the tram visual effects during summer and fel's visuals for winter, to simulate a season change.

Other than that, I'm not aware of any way to switch the seasons of the shard...

Would be an iteresting idea to try to have all four seasons, with winter being a slight snowfall on all the trees and the ground (not like a snow region, just patches of snow here and there).

ethan3

Wanderer
I love it

You definately have my vote. The brambles are soo annoying when its fall or winter. I think its only a display difference on the client, but it makes a difference with pathfinding around the brambles somehow. If this were possible I think it would be a kick ass option. I would always have it set to summer