RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fireable Cannon

smokified

Wanderer
How would i set the cannons to shoot at monsters. Like in haven on OSI the cannoneers shoot at the monsters when you come in range of the cannon. Also is there a way to set the range? Im not too great at scripting, but if you point me in the right direction i would be able to figure it out.

Thanks
Admin God
SmokeNETv3

joshw

Sorceror
Well I was talking to a friend of mine thinking up ways to utilize these cannons and had an awsome idea for castle battles and seiging them when a basehouse gets enough dammage the house is switched to public and the ban option is gone and all the doors dissapear or front doors then it cant be changed till the house is repaired so that someone could lay seige to the house when fighting and destroy its defenses of banning and being a private home just an idea yyou migt wanna persue im gonna take a whack at it but does it sound like a good idea?

I know I wouldn't mind seeing a damagable house for Guild wars, It would almost need to be a custom house, having all houses attackable might be a bad thing unless it was say fel rules. Another thing to consider for having attackable houses is the fact that the owner of the house should be loged in for it to be attackable. Otherwise, you log in as a homeowner and find yourself in the middle of a field with no sign of your possessions, or your house.

As Osi has it set up now, RP Guild leaders need to talk to one another in secret, saying ok my guild will attack your town some time tonight. and the defencing guild would tell its peoples that the "our scouts report that the orcish horde is gathering and an attack may be expected" With that in mind, a damagedable/non-damagable switch would prob be recomended.

Needless to say I've thought about seige weapons quite a bit, and the fact that Richard Garriot belived that everything in the game should have a purpose, with catapults and balistas (both having anamation graphics using Pandoras box) its safe to say OSI has thought about it too. But with the proplems listed above that makes it hard.

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Maybe an idea to include catapults and ballista's ? Catapults wouldn't be much different from cannons and could hurl rocks :)

Greystar

Wanderer
Shadow1980 said:
Maybe an idea to include catapults and ballista's ? Catapults wouldn't be much different from cannons and could hurl rocks :)

hehe he mentioned that in one of the earlier posts just read them all... trying to make them "standardized" to add Catapults and maybe even Balista to the arsenal.

Greystar

Wanderer
I was working on placing some of these today then I noticed them disappearing after one of my friends was on. Later he jokingly messaged me and said thanks for the cannons... is there anyway to make it so that if you have set it up so that if a cannon has an owner then the context menues dont work? Even if that mobile is an NPC. My friend gave me back the cannon deeds later, but it also removes the cannoneer too. So now I have to go through the process again...

Greystar

Wanderer
smokified said:
How would i set the cannons to shoot at monsters. Like in haven on OSI the cannoneers shoot at the monsters when you come in range of the cannon. Also is there a way to set the range? Im not too great at scripting, but if you point me in the right direction i would be able to figure it out.

Thanks
Admin God
SmokeNETv3

making it shoot at monsters would actually be kinda easy if you know what your doing... take a look at my KillableGuard script on how to make it so that these will kill monsters without crashing your shard... I may eventually post a version of these in my thread that supports my KillableGuards so that people can place cannonguards that act like regular guards if they have it set up where they want no monsters within cannonshot ;)

stormwolff

Knight
This is great. One thing I have noticed if a staff member (admin) is hitting the boat or cannon with a cannon the hp value on the target display doesnt go down like it does when a player is shooting.

Just got this crash while testing a non movable cannonguard

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Items.CannonComponent.Damage(Mobile from, Int32 damage)
at Server.Items.CannonComponent.Explode(Mobile from, Point3D loc, Map map)
at Server.Items.CannonComponent.CheckFiringAngle(Point3D p, Mobile from)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseCannonGuard.FireCannon(Mobile target)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseCannonGuard.OnCombatantChange()
at Server.Mobile.set_Combatant(Mobile value)
at Server.Mobiles.ArcherAI.DoActionWander()
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.Think()
at Server.Mobiles.AITimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I just downloaded and from what I have seen this script is amazing. I haven't logged in a non staff account yet but I don't think this is possible yet, but, maybe altering the script so that an admin could place a cannon that would be usable by all players? Just a suggestion, if it's already there, well I'm stupid, or if it's an easy scripting change, I'm not good at scripting.
---Baron Daredevile

slayer1ss

Sorceror
btw dıd anyone create a damagablecastle for these cannons cause ıf dıd ı cant fınd ın submıssıons and ıf dıdnt ı ll try to make and ıt would be a real fun for a week:D

Memnoch

Wanderer
slayer1ss said:
btw dıd anyone create a damagablecastle for these cannons cause ıf dıd ı cant fınd ın submıssıons and ıf dıdnt ı ll try to make and ıt would be a real fun for a week:D

This is sort of what i'm trying to do, and i have a nice list of errors....

slayer1ss

Sorceror
hehehe ı tryed to make that 2 tımes but gave up and wıll start agaın how far are you wıth ıt??? than maybe ı shouldnt start ıf you gonna share ıt wıth us???:D

Thundar

Wanderer
slayer1ss said:

not sure if this helps but it is an assaultable castle that spawns stuff and u have to break down the doors to get in and each door has 100 hit points...like i said to not sure if that is what u are looking for to get an idea or not :)

Here is the link to the topic:

http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43426&highlight=castle+assualt

Marak

Sorceror
i LOVE this item - i had it a while ago(either yours or someone's similar), had a bunch in a dungeon and as the characters walked around the corner(and into the visible range of cannons) myself and 3 other staff opened fire! damn i love these things.