RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fish Tanks Galore

Thistle

Wanderer
Fish Tanks Galore

3 sizes: small, medium and large (medium and large both east and south facing addons/deeds)

I've included a text file that you can add into the defglassblowing.cs so they can be crafted by players. Required skills are: alchemy, carpentry and tinkering. Required resources are: sand, boards (or logs) and a Big Fish.

Since the "canopies" were made from the SE ceramic roof pieces, SE is required. Players will not be able to craft them otherwise.

Attachments

• FishTanksGalore.zip
    26.2 KB · Views: 361

Alari

Wanderer
I just downloaded and tested it.

#####################################################
Testing archive: FishTanksGalore.zip -- 5/13/2005 11:52 AM

Testing: SmallFishTankBlueAddon.cs
[snip]
Testing: defglassblowingupdate.txt

Done. -- 5/13/2005 11:52 AM
There were no errors in the archive: FishTanksGalore.zip

Edit: Uploaded it to my site temporarily for people to have an alternate means of getting it. Click here. I hope the original poster doesn't mind. ^.^; It's in my "scripts other people have written" section and not listed on the index for that page.

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Love the fish tanks. But I seem to have a problem with them. Not sure if any one else having this problem, but I will post this anyway. If you place the tank in any of the floors besides the top floor you cannot see the top part of the tank. Even if you drop the tank down a bit the top still does not show.

Is there anyway to fix this issue or is it because of the roof tiles being used for the top of it?

Thistle

Wanderer
It could be because I used ceramic roofing tiles for the "canopies". I'll try to make some more in the next few weeks with floor tiles as the canopies. Or you could try to fiddle with the itemid in the script itself, just change the itemid for the ceramic roofing tiles with a floor tile of your choice. Not sure how it'll look but it never hurts to experiment.

Marak

Sorceror
Just a quick one about that zip error. Its not advisable to use Xp's open-zip-like-a-folder because winzip updated more recently then they did and now the latest zip files (when you try to open them thru xp) will appear corrupt. I finally figured this one out after d/ling 1/2doz programs and ALL of them being corrupt. :)

Thistle

Wanderer
For anyone that dl'd my fish tank, I apologize for some typos I found in the defglassblowingupdate.txt Either extract the text from the new zip I posted or manually correct them. Look for things like: "medium fish tank deed south (south)"

Sorry about that. :eek:

Mekaylah

Wanderer
Marak said:
Just a quick one about that zip error. Its not advisable to use Xp's open-zip-like-a-folder because winzip updated more recently then they did and now the latest zip files (when you try to open them thru xp) will appear corrupt. I finally figured this one out after d/ling 1/2doz programs and ALL of them being corrupt. :)

That explains some things but I am running XP Pro on this computer as well as the server computer. I can open the zip file with no problems on this computer and get the corrupt message on the other computer. Not sure what to do to get it to work but I really wanna check out these fish tanks...

Sunshine

Wanderer
I loved them players loved them as well but I too had the issue with the only being able to place them on the roof...but I am excited and can not wait for your new ones to come out...THANKS SOO MUCH

Mekaylah

Wanderer
The fish tanks looks awesome! I do agree with Sunshine tho. The only place we can put them to be able to see the whole thing is on the roof as well.

Turmoil

Wanderer
Simplye solution for unzipping errors...:cool:

Mekaylah said:
That explains some things but I am running XP Pro on this computer as well as the server computer. I can open the zip file with no problems on this computer and get the corrupt message on the other computer. Not sure what to do to get it to work but I really wanna check out these fish tanks...

For people using XP and have a problem decompressing the zip file....a simple solution is to simply install Winrar.....winzip is not all that good anyways and i have been using Winrar for at least 5 years now and never have a prob and yes I have WInXP pro with all the updates...Winzip will cause these errors mentionned above...just simply extract the zip files with Winrar instead...enjoy