RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fix for ClientVersion errors

Marlberg

Wanderer
Definitely a winner Arte! Used the drop in version. Didnt feel like modding my core tonight but the drop in worked just as promised.

Got to love it when OSI posts client patches That we cant deal with until a true guru comes along and figures out the problem!

Kinda makes me wish there was a way to build a client that would be dynamic enough to absorb most patch changes like this without it violating the Terms Of Service from OSI

Ahh Well. It is what it is. Of course I guess we can all look at it as Job Security right?

Ramstien

Wanderer
ArteGordon, would you mind uploading the scipt in a rar or zip, the cs file thats uploadit doesn't download, it opens into a page and all the coding is bunched up.

P.S. I notice this with all cs files directly uploadit to site, not sure if there's a problem with these boards and cs files or if its on my end, all other file formats work, just cs files, wierd.

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: I fixed the problem sorta, I right clicked the file and saved as target, then saved as a cs file and it worked. I still think it should be fixed as it use to download the script when you clicked the download link.

Boulder

Sorceror
Clientversrsion Fix

This is Arte Fix I jest made it in a rar format
Hope he dosnt mind
jest put it in customs foulder.
Works Great Arte

Attachments

• clientversionfix.rar
    1.5 KB · Views: 57

sevenbridges

Wanderer
Since no one else seemed confused on this, I'm sure I will sound like a newbie, but here goes lol ......

Was this fix intended for players or shard owners? I couldn't find anything about ClientVersion.cs and the suggestions I received from GMs on the shard I play did not make sense. It sounded like something intended as a server fix, not a client fix for individual players. I know that by patching to OSI patch 30, the problem is now fixed, but if this is something I should be able to figure out, I'd like to know. Thanks!

Marlberg

Wanderer
Reading The Post all the way through

sevenbridges said:
Since no one else seemed confused on this, I'm sure I will sound like a newbie, but here goes lol ......

Was this fix intended for players or shard owners? I couldn't find anything about ClientVersion.cs and the suggestions I received from GMs on the shard I play did not make sense. It sounded like something intended as a server fix, not a client fix for individual players. I know that by patching to OSI patch 30, the problem is now fixed, but if this is something I should be able to figure out, I'd like to know. Thanks!

If you read the first post carefully ArteGordon says quite plainly this is a Runuo CORE modification. Further Down next post down I think ArteGordon has a NON CoreMod that you can put in your custom scripts folder

--EDIT--

Actually I was wrong its in the same post! the ClientVersion Fix is a .cs file downloadable follow his instruction exactly and it fixes the string error some folk were having a while back when OSI buggered something up

sevenbridges

Wanderer
well, i did read the whole post, and the word "core" is part of what made me think this might be a server-side fix.... but unfortunately i'm one of those people who needs a bit of hand holding i guess, cause my technical understanding is very limited ... i dont know where to find a custom script area, so again i wasnt sure if i was just clueless or if those instructions were not meant for players

so you're saying that the non-core script thing is how i would've fixed the problem if the shard owner did not do the core fix, but the owner could have fixed it for the server and solved the problem for everyone?

Marlberg

Wanderer
sevenbridges said:
well, i did read the whole post, and the word "core" is part of what made me think this might be a server-side fix.... but unfortunately i'm one of those people who needs a bit of hand holding i guess, cause my technical understanding is very limited ... i dont know where to find a custom script area, so again i wasnt sure if i was just clueless or if those instructions were not meant for players

so you're saying that the non-core script thing is how i would've fixed the problem if the shard owner did not do the core fix, but the owner could have fixed it for the server and solved the problem for everyone?

No the shard owner would have to do either one. If he has a modified core then he should use the core modification routine. If he is using the precompiled Server.exe then he should use the script that ArteGordon put at the bottom of his post in the download area of the post. Its not something a player can do as in either case it has to be applied to the server.

Marlberg

Wanderer
sevenbridges said:
ah okie.. then i dont feel QUITE so dumb lol .. thank you very much for your quick replies :)

No worries :) If your sharadmin is having this problem point him to ArteGordons post
he will apreciate it

--EDIT--
I like the handle by the way. Paul Goodman wrote a great song!