RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flying_AI Addon <RunUO 2.0>

Tiamat13

Sorceror
VindiKat;750618 said:
I am having a bit of a problem with the flying creatures getting stuck in the mountains. They can fly there on their own, or when fleeing an attack, then they become stuck as well as being untargetable. On server restart they are still stuck in the mountain :confused:

If it matters, I am using rc2 on a custom map.

No other issues at all, they move fast but its really more realistic that way.

I'll test this and work out a fix for your problem, if anything I'll just have them bounce off mountains and continue flying.

carena

Wanderer
Just trying to subscribe to this post, so I'll know if there are updates. I tried it. It's great. I have the same problem with my dragons flying off into never-to-be-seen-again-mountain-land. But, I do like it.

VindiKat

Wanderer
I have found another minor problem. As impossible as this sounds, the flying critters can fly in windows of public houses, and then get stuck inside because they can't fly if a roof is over their heads. It is truely a wonder seeing a drake fly in through a tiny window!

Greystar

Wanderer
VindiKat;751528 said:
I have found another minor problem. As impossible as this sounds, the flying critters can fly in windows of public houses, and then get stuck inside because they can't fly if a roof is over their heads. It is truely a wonder seeing a drake fly in through a tiny window!

It's magic!

VindiKat

Wanderer
Greystar;751531 said:
It's magic!

It sure seemed like it! I was wondering why or how things kept getting inside the houses, I thought they might have been falling through from above the roofs until I just stood and watched for a while. :D

Tiamat13

Sorceror
I have a new update coming this weekend that will take care of the problems above, thanks all for finding these small issues.

ok i have tried every fix here and i keep getting the same problem. deserilization error wanting to delete EVERY mobile other hten player mobile. my whole team and a few of my friends are helpingto look into this problem as we can't figure out why it is doing it either. With our shard it might be because of how heavily modded it is.

server=60.1MB on disk :D

Tiamat13

Sorceror
drgsldr69;752814 said:
ok i have tried every fix here and i keep getting the same problem. deserilization error wanting to delete EVERY mobile other hten player mobile. my whole team and a few of my friends are helpingto look into this problem as we can't figure out why it is doing it either. With our shard it might be because of how heavily modded it is.

server=60.1MB on disk :D

As soon as I get my keyboard I'll post a fix for this problem, sorry for a delay, damn coffee.

VindiKat

Wanderer
I am eagerly awaiting the fix as well.

This is one of the coolest scripts, it really seems to bring life to the world.

Tiamat13;754399 said:
I'm going to add a few things too so if anyone wants to suggest anything this would be a good time.

Would be awesome if they had some sort of teleport smash or swoop and grab method to drop the enemies from the heights they are flying.

Tiamat13

Sorceror
MightyHythloth;754501 said:
Would be awesome if they had some sort of teleport smash or swoop and grab method to drop the enemies from the heights they are flying.

Very interesting, so if I'm reading right you'd like to see a dragon per say take an enemy from the ground and then fly up and drop them to there death?

Tiamat13;754569 said:
Very interesting, so if I'm reading right you'd like to see a dragon per say take an enemy from the ground and then fly up and drop them to there death?

Yes, some sort of flying based attacks or abilities would be awesome.

VindiKat

Wanderer
Tiamat13;754399 said:
I'm going to add a few things too so if anyone wants to suggest anything this would be a good time.

Special ariel attacks would be cool, although I imagine they would be very difficult to implement. Diving, or dropping something?

Would flying in formation be possible?

How about flying mounts?

moleman

Wanderer
I have but one question, would you need a bow or something in order to hit the flying creature? It would greatly add to the realism.

shivan

Sorceror
I have a question, i have installed this addon has explained, i edited existing mobiles to do flying, i have no errors, but some of them dont fly...

For example... my harpys are flying, the daemons too, but i cant make to fly drakes, dragons, wyrns, birds, etc... and i doing the same.

Gargouille

Sorceror
Hi, very good code, thanks.

In order to more easily add this on shard I work on, I do some little changes, making install a little bit more "plug&play", as there only need declaring the new AI's in BaseAi.cs/AIType enum and BaseCreature.cs/ChangeAIType method...
All other things are now in distro files.

So I :
  • Create a Flyingcreature class, inheriting from BaseCreature, and declaring all "flying-properties", serializing it also.
  • Make several casts from Mobile to FlyingCreature instead of BaseCreature.
  • Create a FlyingCleanup.cs
  • And radicaly change the way to vorbid meleeattacks: replacing BaseWeapon.cs/OnHit method's test by another method in FlyingCreature.cs :
    Code:
    public override void AlterMeleeDamageFrom( Mobile from, ref int damage )
    		{
    			if(from.Weapon != null && from.Weapon is BaseRanged)
    				return;
    			else
    			{
    				if((from.Z > this.Z+10)||(from.Z < this.Z-10))
    				{
    					from.SendMessage("You have to be closer to attack this!");
    					damage = 0;
    				}
    			}
    		}
    Not very accurate with the original, but a easy way I find to do... But no tested yet

Hope it could help.

Attachments

• PlugAndPlayFlying_AI.rar
    21.7 KB · Views: 46