RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fonts

Bradley

Sorceror
Well, source code to the SDK has been released now. So I guess that means we get a chance to do it if we really need fonts.

[Shaman]

Wanderer
yep the thing is... i do my stuff in vb.net (only a starter with c#)... and since the dll is in c#... i can make nice scripts for myself, but if i can get an advantage of the source i'd like to share em with at least krioss so he can put it in for others if he wants to...

[Shaman]

Wanderer
krioss you got any slight chance of getting it into the sdk or do you want us to stop being lazy and try to figgure it out for ourselves?

Bradley

Sorceror
I found what looks like some good documentation on fonts.mul. I'll give it a crack and see what falls out, doesn't look too hard.

Krrios, if I get it working would you be willing to add the code to the "official" sdk?

hrm ok, hopefully if i find out how i can change my vb programming to c#... if so you'll be the first that will be notified

[Shaman]

Wanderer
obviously that was me.. forgot to login :D

btw bradly you mind sharing.. 2 people can find out things faster than 1

Bradley

Sorceror
It's a start, but as you can see I'm doing something wrong.....

Bradley

Sorceror
Woohoo! I have successfully managed to decode the fonts. I will do what optimizing I can. then will merge my changes with the source code for the SDK, and post it back to the boards.

Bradley

Sorceror
Until I can get the Fonts merged into the SDK I have made a DLL available that will do it. It can be downlaoded from here http://tkpups.com/Bradley/UOFont.dll

*EDIT*
UOFont.dll requires the UOSDK.
It uses a rather unoptimized routine for returning a charactor image, but once the image is generated it is cached. So it's only slow the first time a specific charactor is displayed in a Font, after that it's pulled from the cache and should be just about as fast as possable.

Bradley

Sorceror
UOFont.dll has been updated with unicode font support now. Download it from the same URL. If you downloaded it before the post time of this message you got the version without unicode support.