RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

freeeeezing every two seconds

yzaa

Wanderer
freeeeezing every two seconds

I never had this problem before.... but every few seconds the client seems to freeze for a split second.. I see that its one of the most common problems here. Anyways every other time I installed this client on another system it would take FOREVER to log in for the first time.... it didnt on this system... CPU resources are fine... more then enough memory. My specs are upto date so whats the deal? I have disabled all TSR's that are not system related.

yzaa

Wanderer
I can just about set my watch to it..... I'll open system performance viewer (ctrl alt delete) and watch the cpu usuage spike every 2 secs when it freezes :(

mr_wuss

Wanderer
tone your resolution on the game down a couple clicks and see if this helps, if not, check your drivers on the video card...and if this doesnt solve the problem..buy a new card.

brymaster

Wanderer
mr_wuss said:
tone your resolution on the game down a couple clicks and see if this helps, if not, check your drivers on the video card...and if this doesnt solve the problem..buy a new card.

Buying a new video card is definately not a solution to this problem.

brymaster said:
Buying a new video card is definately not a solution to this problem.

If his video card doesn't support Hardware T&L, then his lag is because the T&L is performed by the processor and not the video hardware. Thus, a new video card would be the solution.

Icon

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
If his video card doesn't support Hardware T&L, then his lag is because the T&L is performed by the processor and not the video hardware. Thus, a new video card would be the solution.

Ahh to my understanding uo2d doesn't even use T&L Direct Draw which is basicly an DX 6/5 version so unless he owns an really old S# Virgo chip/etc then thats not the problem.

Q: are you running the client and the server on the same machine?

And
What version of runuo are using beta 36/rc0?

If its beta 36 then look in basecreature.cs for

Code:
public virtual bool PlayerRangeSensitive{ get{ return true; } }

and make sure its set to true if its set to false then every npc on your server is moving around eatting up cpu cycles.

Hk

PS

I am sure he knows not to even try to run a shard and use uo3d as the client on the same machine.

yzaa

Wanderer
not running runuo... on this computer. I play on Metropolis. :( I have tried every variable known without going into some hardcore programing shit :(

I notice other people have the same problem with good systems... I have all driver updates.. windows sp1 is upto date.

People say this isnt a common problem... or the video card is the problem. do a search for "freeze" in these forums and look at how many posts come up. Its the most common problem nexto not installing the required files.

Icon said:
Ahh to my understanding uo2d doesn't even use T&L Direct Draw which is basicly an DX 6/5 version so unless he owns an really old S# Virgo chip/etc then thats not the problem.

He's using Krrios Client... hence the reason the post is in Krrios Client Forums. KUOC uses Hardware T&L if its supported, otherwise the Direct3D device uses Software T&L.

yzaa

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
He's using Krrios Client... hence the reason the post is in Krrios Client Forums. KUOC uses Hardware T&L if its supported, otherwise the Direct3D device uses Software T&L.

Hmmm well I'll keep u guys posted if I find a fix... I'm searching hi and low... I love this client and not gonna let this problem detour me away from it.

yzaa said:
Hmmm well I'll keep u guys posted if I find a fix... I'm searching hi and low... I love this client and not gonna let this problem detour me away from it.

Do you know what kind of video card you have? I can prolly give you a good starting place to look if I knew what kind you had. Also, what are the system specs on the computer you are running it on?

Icon

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:

lol that will teach me to read which topic were under b4 i post :p i used the topic off the main web site page and posted b4 i read the topic:p

Hk

Kviss

Wanderer
I have the same problem, client freezes system and it happens randomly. Now I change my FX5600 with 128mb to MX440 64mb (agp 8x) - and the freezes is gone. Why my fx5600 is to bad for kuos i dont know, but theres no game but UO on my pc, so FX5600 retired with the dream of fx6800 ultra 8)

psz

Administrator
I have the GeForce FX 6500 Ultra, and have no problems with KUOC at all.

Make SURE you have nVidia's latest drivers.

brymaster

Wanderer
mr_wuss said:
um, ya it is.

Don't register just to look like an unknowing ass.

Um, nah it isn't.

Buying a new video card is the solution to the problem that numerous people are having - especially those ones that already have brand new video cards. "Just buy a new video card!" You sure know what the fuck you're talking about. This problem is just another of many that this client has.

I've been registered before, way before you were... and using the KUOC client for a quite a long while. I'll reply to whatever dumb ass comment I'd like.

fyrye

Wanderer
same issue,
Geforce FX 5200 128mb, driver version: 56.72
direct x 9.0b (managed)
windows xp CE pro sp 1
UO version 4.0.2a (patch 21)
Kirros Client 11 release 1

Every two seconds it seems to lag out mouse movement gumps and all. Tried different video card settings from 800x600-640x480, fullscreen/non-fullscreen, 32bi/16bit colors, no not running shard on same comp, and cable connection.
I had a similar issue with diablo 2 until i defragged the harddrive, so im going to try that next.

*Edit*
Harddrive not fragmented
also cpu goes from 15% usage to 40% usage for kirros client alone, it mainly idles at about 24% cpu usage.
Upon closing kirros client, cpu usage jumps to 100% for about 10 seconds

psz

Administrator
The "KUOC Not closing completely/eating up CPU upon close" is a known issue... krrios has said he will (eventually ;->) fix it.

fyrye

Wanderer
any clue on the 2-3second glitchy/laggy feel with it, its not just game play, its GUI as well, which shouldnt be affected with only 40% cpu usage. I may reinstall kirros to see if that would resolve it.

Zanne

Wanderer
still dont think anyones found a fix for it.. I started another post asking as well..
Tried asking in #runuo but they just ignored me..

I've got an ATI Radeon 9600 XT if that even matters..
Maybe it's not a problem with our video cards ?
Perhaps something.. else.. ?

Anyone have any ideas? suggestions? anything? please ? =/