RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freezes at Entering Britania...

jjarmis

Wanderer
Freezes at Entering Britania...

I have read through this forum trying to find a solution to this to no avail... I can connect to my server just fine, but when I try to login with a char it always hangs at the Entering Britania screen... Nothing freezes (as I can still move the gameplay gump around by dragging the edge) but it doesn't do anything either... I let it sit for the 3 minutes before auto discon from my shard. Any suggestions on how to get this fixed? I'll post my specs below... if you need the debug log and/or info from the RunUO console I can provide that too.

Specs:
Win2k Pro (fully updated)
.Net Framework 1.1 (and SDK)
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) (and SDK)
AMD Athlon 64 2800
512 RAM

UOSE (fully updated)
RunUO 1.0.0 (clean install with no customs except some SE mobiles from NERuns.)

jjarmis

Wanderer
Also, I have noticed that KUOC connects twice when logging in to my shard... Is that normal?

From RunUO console:
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.1851, Build 20846
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (1679 items, 484 mobiles)
World: Loading...done (79605 items, 10669 mobiles) (3.6 seconds)
Reports: Loading...done
Regions: Loading...done
Address: 127.0.0.1:2593
Address: 66.220.123.232:2593
Client: 66.220.123.232: Connected. [1 Online]                                    //  #1
Login: 66.220.123.232: Valid credentials for 'thegreathunt'
Client: 66.220.123.232: Connected. [2 Online]                                    //  #2
Client: 66.220.123.232: Disconnected. [1 Online] [thegreathunt]
Login: 66.220.123.232: Account 'thegreathunt' at character list
Client: 66.220.123.232: Disconnected. [0 Online] [thegreathunt]

Red Sky

Wanderer
mine did that the first time too.. let it stay at that screen for about 20 min and it should be in brit when u come back

jjarmis

Wanderer
ok, So I have officially been letting it sit for 2 hours now. I changed my server to not kick people when they have been inactive for 3 mins, and have been waiting for two hours on the Entering Britannia screen.... any other suggestions?

jjarmis

Wanderer
I know, but then I changed the port to see if maybe that was an issue. :) it is now on 66.220.123.232:7964

Phantom

Knight
Alright

This is strange mind you I have never used KC on a shard with AOS enabled.

But seems to me it has a problem with the new map, besides the point.

Let me make another character, try that.

jjarmis

Wanderer
I tried that too... hrm... I can see my chars logged in when I'm on my admin account, it just never loads up in KUOC. Killed my KUOC char and got the "Would you like to report..." gump... ODD! :)

Phantom

Knight
I am crashing when I try to login on any of my characters.

So this has to be something connected to the client changes recently. Has I cannot imagine NOBODY has had this happen.

All I can tell you is try this:

Uninstall UO and don't patch to 4.0.8 and try that. 4.0.8 was just released so perhaps its a recent problem.

jjarmis

Wanderer
Could it just be the KC is trying to load the mobiles and is meesing up on the SE mobiles? I will try what u suggested though.

Phantom

Knight
jjarmis said:
Could it just be the KC is trying to load the mobiles and is meesing up on the SE mobiles? I will try what u suggested though.

I don't know I am crashing, which might be where your getting stuck no idea why your not crashing.

It might be because I have UO:SE installed and you don't which could make the difference in the data files.

But the data path is correct for me, so no idea why its not working.

Phantom

Knight
jjarmis said:
hrm... well I do have UOSE.... hrm... interesting... mebbe I should just wait for beta 13. ^_^

Maybe :)

KC has a lot of problem with UO:SE

I have no idea why I am crashing

telekea

Wanderer
My server is now having the same problems.

The server is fully patched with 4.08 and SE. Since upgrading to 1.0.0 no one is able to log into the server. In my server window I see their passwords verified but then their clients crash. I asked them to patch or reinstall their clients and UOgateway but it still is crashing them. RCO did not have this problem. And my serverlist.cs script looks fine.

I can log in but players can't.

Anyone have a fix for this?

rust

Wanderer
I have the same problem. Clean installation, patched to 4.0.8, but on AOS (SE enabled) hangs at Entering Britania...

On a Publish 15 shard it's ok instead.

Phantom

Knight
telekea said:
My server is now having the same problems.

The server is fully patched with 4.08 and SE. Since upgrading to 1.0.0 no one is able to log into the server. In my server window I see their passwords verified but then their clients crash. I asked them to patch or reinstall their clients and UOgateway but it still is crashing them. RCO did not have this problem. And my serverlist.cs script looks fine.

I can log in but players can't.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Where do they get stuck at:

1) Login of their account
2) Serverlist

If its #1 its a router issue, if its #2 is a serverlist.cs issue

This is NOT a problem of the CURRENT release. Its user error, the fact you can login proves this.

omnininja

Sorceror
I'm either freezing at "Entering Britannia.." or getting on, seeing my character, but the entire ground is nothing but the unused tiles.