RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French Vanilla Cappuccino Recipe...needed

Thagoras

Sorceror
(How Ironic I'm posting this here)

So, I recently acquired an espresso maker. I think I've perfected Caribou Coffee's White Chocolate Mocha (not from a mix or store bought syrup) and now I'm working on adding a few more coffee drinks to my list. So I'm trying to figure out how to get that flavor that you get from the powdered French Vanilla Cappuccino, but I want it home made, if you understand me.

Have you ever looked for this online? You come across like two recipes. The rest are like this.

From http://recipes.sparkpeople.com

Hot French Vanilla Cappuccino
Number of Servings: 1

Ingredients
1 scoop (3 tbsp) Members Mark Cappuccion French Vanilla...purchased at Sam's Club
6 fl oz hot water

You'd think it was a recipe place...but you'd be wrong. So what, look up a recipe for Macaroni and Cheese and they'll list: Get a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, follow instructions on box, eat?

Thagoras

Sorceror
Thanks Hammerhand, I'll look over that more closely when I get home from work tonight. I'm really looking for something where I make it using just bare ingredients. Like, for the White chocolate mocha, I ended up making my own white chocolate sauce.
So far, I've read that the French vanilla cappuccino might include vanilla extract and brown sugar. But my understanding is that what makes it French is egg. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Sounds like a lot of trouble for something that might not keep for very long. Perhaps I should just look into a really good tasting, factory made, French vanilla syrup.

Mortis

Knight
Traditional vanilla flavor is derived from the seeds of a vanilla bean pod, or at least a synthetic chemical equivalent called vanillin. French vanilla is more of an egg custard before freezing, and contains egg yolks for a richer consistency.

Copycat French Vanilla Liquid Coffee Creamer

Directions:

1. 1
    Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend well (or in a mason jar and stir up sweetened condensed milk as it will settle at the bottom, and then put lid on it and shake like crazy!). Store in the fridge. Will keep for approximately two weeks.
  2. 2
    Variations:
  3. 3
    a) Add 1 Tbsp cocoa and 1 tsp almond extract for a chocolate almond flavor.
  4. 4
    b) Add 1 tsp almond extract and 1/2 tsp orange extract for cappuccino.
  5. 5
    c) Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp almond extract for amaretto.
  6. 6
    d) Add specialty flavor syrups (from specialty coffee shops and the like) as needed for additional flavors.
  7. 7
    Please note that so far I've only tried the vanilla - and it's wonderful!
  8. 8
    Enjoy!
Homemade French vanilla coffee recipe?
2 Tablespoons of vanilla flavoring (mine is liquid, I am not sure what the powder equivalent would be)
1 cup steamed milk
1/4 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee.

This makes such a wonderful latte and is from the "Torani" vendor. Hope that helps gives you a guideline :)
and a bunch more
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=frgbld&gs_nf=1&cp=37&gs_id=2&xhr=t&q=homemade french vanilla coffee recipe&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=homemade french vanilla coffee recipe&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=50aeccfec5fc8449&biw=1024&bih=587
The search for homemade french vanilla coffee recipe
is one dam long link in firefox or IE.

I myself hate french vanilla.
Must be because as a kid in the 70's I broke into an ice cream transport truck parked in a garage in my neighborhood and stole boxes of it daily in ice cream sandwich form untill it made me ill to even think of tasting it,

Thagoras

Sorceror
Thanks Mortis, I will try this...see what happens. I've also heard of adding a touch of caramel flavor makes it a bit closer.