RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fully Automated Tournament System

milt

Knight
Pyro-Tech said:
i just thought i would mention, that i found that if you use PB2, it will crash on generating the boxdata.....but the boxdata is still in tact (as for all i can tell) and the server runs fine afterward.....

so yay....i finally get to mess with this system :D

Good, glad to hear that you got it worked out

Icon

Wanderer
Have a question, how/where do I go to edit the wait time for the tournament to start? I run a small shard and want when 2 people sign up for a match for it to begin instantly or give them like 1 min instead of 10 mins?

Other then that nice system.

Hk

milt

Knight
Well It's not really made for only 2 people, but If you really want, you can open up the TSystemCommandsGump.cs and you can edit the if line. I set it so that there has to be at least 3 people to start the tourney. You see, in my mind, a tournament should have at least 10 people to be a good tournament. But hey, more power to you to modify it, it is a very simple fix.

@Icon - there currently is no support for this feature, I will probably add support for this in the next version. It is actually coming out nicely so far :)

stu

Wanderer
instead of the prize ticket, can a check equal to the amount from the funding barrel be placed in the winners pack? Also with the possibility of additional "prizes"? The paintball script has an option for a GM to target a bag with items in it, which the winner receives a copy of....

milt

Knight
Yes, you could make the funding barrel pass the amount to the tourney and then make the check, not too hard.

DevXLX

Sorceror
Is it supposed to crash if you use the funding barrel, it becomes full, you dont want to wait 20 minutes.... so you know theres enough players signed up and you start the tournament with the system command?

Thats what I did... bang server crash hehe.
Was just testing it with 4 players, and I wanted to test everything, so I used the funding barrel... It was full and it spawned the moongates. I despawned them and asked the 4 players to signup (they did, and on Tstone i already had put that 4 players was the requirement).

Then i started the tournament with the command, instead of waiting 20minutes.

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.MasterTStone.LetThemDuel()
   at Server.Items.InternalTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

ShadowCrow

Wanderer
DUDE!

This is so AWESOME !!

I´ve been waiting for this and i´m sure a lot of people is already using the script;;;

Thank YOU very much, and please

KEEP upgrading and improving it.

I´m waiting for the next version of the script.. :)

Milt

Wow nice job Milt. I finally got to try out some of your event and it was incredible :) I can't release my new event after seeing this. I will have to keep working at it lol. You have many nice options. *votes 5 star*

milt

Knight
DevXLX said:
Is it supposed to crash if you use the funding barrel, it becomes full, you dont want to wait 20 minutes.... so you know theres enough players signed up and you start the tournament with the system command?

Thats what I did... bang server crash hehe.
Was just testing it with 4 players, and I wanted to test everything, so I used the funding barrel... It was full and it spawned the moongates. I despawned them and asked the 4 players to signup (they did, and on Tstone i already had put that 4 players was the requirement).

Then i started the tournament with the command, instead of waiting 20minutes.

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.MasterTStone.LetThemDuel()
   at Server.Items.InternalTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()

Thanks for the bug report, I will have to look into this one. For future reference, please do not PM me asking me to reply to a thread :)

I will work on fixing this bug hopefully today or tomorrow.

Exception:
at Server.Items.MasterTStone.OnDeath(PlayerDeathEventArgs e) in c:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO-1.0 NEW\Scripts\Customs\Special Events\Milt's - Auto Tourney System 01-06\Items\MasterTStone.cs:line 372
at Server.PlayerDeathEventHandler.Invoke(PlayerDeathEventArgs e)
at Server.Mobile.OnDeath(Container c)
at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.OnDeath(Container c) in c:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO-1.0 NEW\Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs:line 2205
at Server.Mobile.Kill()
at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from) in c:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO-1.0 NEW\Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs:line 2575
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, Boolean keepAlive) in c:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO-1.0 NEW\Scripts\Customs\## My Custom Systems\All Crafts 1.0.0\Distros\AOS.cs:line 172
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy) in c:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO-1.0 NEW\Scripts\Customs\## My Custom Systems\All Crafts 1.0.0\Distros\AOS.cs:line 72
at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.BreathDealDamage(Mobile target) in c:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO-1.0 NEW\Scripts\Customs\## My Custom Systems\All Crafts 1.0.0\Distros\BaseCreature.cs:line 898
at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.BreathDamage_Callback(Object state) in c:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO-1.0 NEW\Scripts\Customs\## My Custom Systems\All Crafts 1.0.0\Distros\BaseCreature.cs:line 876
at Server.DelayStateCallTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
Crashed on me too.

Hmm, what exactly were you doing when it happened?

Do you have the most recent version?
I was thinking that you might have updated for that issue already. All that happened was someone died and it made my shard crash lol. I willl test it later.

ShadowCrow

Wanderer
does this script has a reward system ?

like,

does it give a reward for the winner?

Just an idea for the next release:

to put automated tournaments, like, no needs for GM´s to start the event, like, a tournment will start EVERYDAY at 12p.m ... because of small shards with no GM´s available...

:D :D :D

Jeff

Lord
ShadowCrow said:
does this script has a reward system ?

like,

does it give a reward for the winner?

Just an idea for the next release:

to put automated tournaments, like, no needs for GM´s to start the event, like, a tournment will start EVERYDAY at 12p.m ... because of small shards with no GM´s available...

:D :D :D
As I understood, that was the idea behind the funding barrel, fill it up to its specified amount and it starts a tournament, I also believe that there is a reward, which is a Tournament Ticket, and the admin of the server needed to setup what it did. I dunno I could be wrong, I havent played with this much since we tested it before release

ShadowCrow

Wanderer
Sorious said:
As I understood, that was the idea behind the funding barrel, fill it up to its specified amount and it starts a tournament, I also believe that there is a reward, which is a Tournament Ticket, and the admin of the server needed to setup what it did. I dunno I could be wrong, I havent played with this much since we tested it before release

Now I see,

:)

I´ve been thinking on that,

This is a AWESOME idea for the next release:

The GM pick 3 kinds of prizes, when a player enters the tournament, a GUMP appears to him and he votes for the prize he thinks is the best, the winner gets the prize with the most votes !

this would help a shard that have a STRONG item and dont want all the players having it. EACH time the tournment happens the players will be excited waiting to see what prizes they can get.

I think it is better than the prize tickets because every player can have the best item, they just have to win A LOT of tournments;

If you need a help with any script or gump (i´m pretty good at making gumps) all you have to do is ask...

;) ;) ;)

Jeff

Lord
ShadowCrow said:
(i´m pretty good at making gumps) all you have to do is ask...
Ya I think everyone is good now that GumpStudio is out lol :) unless you do crazy things like random lists and such

ShadowCrow

Wanderer
Sorious said:
Ya I think everyone is good now that GumpStudio is out lol :) unless you do crazy things like random lists and such

yeah, gumpstudio ROX...

but, what do you think about my idea;..... of the reward system ?

:cool:

Jeff

Lord
ShadowCrow said:
yeah, gumpstudio ROX...

but, what do you think about my idea;..... of the reward system ?

:cool:
well, though this isnt my system milt and I talk on a regular basis and he and I help each other code :), however, great ideas, but If this was my system I would leave all that stuff up to the server itself. You should make a add-on for this system :)

Something I might put in as a Add-On is a viewable tournament table. Not till I am complete with my Forum system of course tho :)

ShadowCrow

Wanderer
Sorious said:
well, though this isnt my system milt and I talk on a regular basis and he and I help each other code :), however, great ideas, but If this was my system I would leave all that stuff up to the server itself. You should make a add-on for this system :)

Something I might put in as a Add-On is a viewable tournament table. Not till I am complete with my Forum system of course tho :)

I like your forum as well.... i´ve been cheking it out.... what shard do you make scripts for ?

I hpe MILT reads my post and like the idea, because i´m working in another project right now....