RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Map question

old_school

Wanderer
General Map question

Ok I got my map generated. I was wondering is it possiable to add a new map wothout loseing the current maps if so how?I mean how would i get there etc?I plan to make a pretty basic map.Its simply a water world aka ocean. If possiable how would I set a public gate to go to the new map or can I simpley type in a command to go there?

old_school

Wanderer
Update:

I got a new map in one problem errr. No clue how to get there. Tried editing the public moongate err got error. But the new location and map and map def took so how do u switch maps command wise?

you can only replace maps, can not add them
you can add new facets (copies) of maps only

you can replace the malas map with a new map and it will work (or should lol)
you can make a copy of the malas map (yours or theres) as a new facet, that is explained in the mapdef file
(i.e. 2 malas's one in spring and trammel rules and one in devestation and fel rules)

you can not add a 6th map that is different than all the rest, the client can not see a 6th map (map5), only can see facets based off of map 0-4

old_school

Wanderer
humm wel is it possiable then to "copy" copy the map for say so u would have two malas. An ye Ive read what others posted but if u read the map def is says you can add. Just not sure how to get it to read client side. SErver can read it just client cant. Let me update ya here

I got new map to go server seees it. No issues there. Problem lies in the client now. When I type [set map UOK the client errors out and says fatal bad fecent. So I know the servers reading it. Plus it shows on locations. Problem is the clients crashing when I try to go to it. So I know theres a way others have done it. I seen it even. I think its something witht he muti.mul file and I dont know what tool to use to edit it.

it says you can add additional facets, not new maps

map numbers in there are different than the map names

* - <index> : An unreserved unique index for this map
* - <mapID> : An identification number used in client communications. For any visible maps, this value must be from 0-3
* - <fileIndex> : A file identification number. For any visible maps, this value must be 0, 2, 3, or 4
and with the new 6.0 expansion it also can include 1 now too
* - <width>, <height> : Size of the map (in tiles)
* - <name> : Reference name for the map, used in props gump, get/set commands, region loading, etc
* - <rules> : Rules and restrictions associated with the map. See documentation for details

they called them maps, but they are rally facets they are adding
but notice the part in red - has to be one of those numbers
so you can not add a 6th map of map5.mul because the client will not use it at all

all you can do is make new copies (map and statics both) of existing ones
or replace existing ones
or
replace existing ones and make copies of them

Stuart lil

Sorceror
old_school;793562 said:
I wonder how those other guys found the fork in the road then an got it to work? Hummm has to be away

Well obviously someone on the RunUo team added the current maps, so there must be a way, though most likely a living pain in the ass to do =P

But really, why have a fell and trammel map ? i simply replaced fell last time i made one.. cant see the use of having two, though its all about gameingstyle..

Stuart lil

Sorceror
old_school;793523 said:
Update:

I got a new map in one problem errr. No clue how to get there. Tried editing the public moongate err got error. But the new location and map and map def took so how do u switch maps command wise?

And ofcourse as soon as you replace one of the current maps with your own, you can use standard coordinates, even if your map is called UOK, you still just type for example "[go felucca" and your there = P ( Bet you already knew that tho)

old_school;793562 said:
I wonder how those other guys found the fork in the road then an got it to work? Hummm has to be away

what other guys are you talking about, need to be more specific

i have a replaced map, tokuno is totaly replaced with dungeons, but like i said, it replces a current one, does not add to the list

i also use to have "frigida" which was a copy of tram, but winter season, and was map number "32, 1, 0" meaning number 32 to access (like the rem statements state to start at) map defs to use i believe, and map to use -- of course rest match up to fel for size and rule set

jokik

Sorceror
sorry to bring up an old thread but , just so people know, you can have multiple maps if using a custom client. iris has support for 255 new maps. so if you distribute your new maps and get everyone to play on iris , either 2d or 3d , then you can actually have multiple custom maps. :)