RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[GetScript v1.0

Jeff

Lord
Swerve_jnr said:
how possible would it be to make it so you could edit the scripts and makes scripts ingame?
i know that there are script generators so i wonder . . . i;m guessing it's possible but would require a ton and 3/4 of work, let me know what you think if that could be a future update.
loverly work

Kieran
prolly not possible and if it were(and i dont see how) it wouldnt be worth the hassle.

daat99

Staff member
Sorious said:
prolly not possible and if it were(and i dont see how) it wouldnt be worth the hassle.
It should be possible with small scripts but I also suggest that it won't happen.
The options for such a thing to ruin your shards and crash it to dust just because of 1 angry staff (that you trust usually but got drunk once) are huge.
Besides if you change something in game and you did a typo you won't be able to fix it when the shard restarts because it won't restart and won't let you go back to edit the file again.

Kamron

Knight
Sorious its very possible. Its just a pain in the ass to edit ;) lol I do not suggest it at all.

In terms of getting the script of an item/mobile that you target, I believe thats a reflection thing that MAY require you to be debug mode. It definately would inflate your symbols/database file for your scripts.

Kamron

Knight
daat99 said:
It should be possible with small scripts but I also suggest that it won't happen.
The options for such a thing to ruin your shards and crash it to dust just because of 1 angry staff (that you trust usually but got drunk once) are huge.
Besides if you change something in game and you did a typo you won't be able to fix it when the shard restarts because it won't restart and won't let you go back to edit the file again.

I completely agree.... this idea is not the best for viewing (because it lets go of trade secrets regarding your shard), but it definately is a no-no for editing.

Arvoreen

Sorceror
BeneathTheStars said:
File browser? Not following..

Like when you click Open in a Windows program, and it gives you a small dialog box that shows folders/files, and allows you to browse around to look for the file you wish to open. :)

Jeff

Lord
Arvoreen said:
Like when you click Open in a Windows program, and it gives you a small dialog box that shows folders/files, and allows you to browse around to look for the file you wish to open. :)
I'm working on that just to see if it can be done :)

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
ye a file brouser would be useful because some people don't know the script name and path although all they need to do is get a copy of runuo which is useful to have

Jeff

Lord
Swerve_jnr said:
ye a file brouser would be useful because some people don't know the script name and path although all they need to do is get a copy of runuo which is useful to have
unless its custom scripts :/

daat99

Staff member
Sorious said:
I'm working on that just to see if it can be done :)
List all files\folders in a gump using an index and have textbox for player to insert the index number of the current file\folder he want to enter\view.

Serp

Sorceror
You would probably want to make it so you can't open anything other than .cs files in the Scripts folder. Right now you can open any file on the entire computer. Which is a big security vulnerability.

Jeff

Lord
Jakob said:
You would probably want to make it so you can't open anything other than .cs files in the Scripts folder. Right now you can open any file on the entire computer. Which is a big security vulnerability.
awsome, try c:\pagefile.sys haha, granted you would probably get a exception cause its in use, but still....

daat99 said:
List all files\folders in a gump using an index and have textbox for player to insert the index number of the current file\folder he want to enter\view.
Im accually trying to create some custom buttons to do this. I'm gonna try and make it work just like you were using windows explorer. I got some advanced gump work-arounds for this. :)

I have been working on the targeting of mobiles and items to bring up their script for a while, but its pushing my knowledge to the limits. :p

Thx for the hint on the vulnerability..

All this will be considered for ver 2.0 ( hope to release soon :/ )

Thx guys!

Jeff

Lord
BeneathTheStars said:
I have been working on the targeting of mobiles and items to bring up their script for a while, but its pushing my knowledge to the limits. :p

Thx for the hint on the vulnerability..

All this will be considered for ver 2.0 ( hope to release soon :/ )

Thx guys!
Unless the script is named the same as the class, i doubt that would be possible. :(

Also, just a pointer to FileIO operation, you should put it in a try catch finally block incase the file isnt accessable for some reason this way if you get a issue you can still release the file handle you have optained.

milt

Knight
Great work, I had an idea like this before, but when I asked people what they thought they didn't give me very good feedback, so I said screw it.

But in any case, great work.

seanandre

Sorceror
Find a way to make this script work so that we can view scripts while logged into OTHER shards on the CLIENT side and I'll use it :) LOL! There's some scripts on other shards that I would LOVE to get ahold of. Nobody shares anymore. Most shards I go to and ask for their scripts ban me on the spot.

seanandre said:
Find a way to make this script work so that we can view scripts while logged into OTHER shards on the CLIENT side and I'll use it :) LOL! There's some scripts on other shards that I would LOVE to get ahold of. Nobody shares anymore. Most shards I go to and ask for their scripts ban me on the spot.

1. Any staff member can use this, as i said in the intro.. It doesnt have to be a client server side..

2. I will never make this system so it will make it easier to steal scripts..

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Yarr, file browser very possible. Not hard, even. Use the .NET framework calls for Directory and whatnot (or is that Win32?). Either way, you can do it, and it's not terribly difficult.