RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giants package

joshw

Sorceror
Giants package

I am working on a giant system where there are many giants involved there are 3 giants in this package more to come when done with specail abilities

Hill giant: throws bolders at player
Frost Giant: Freezes player with axalanche ability
Fire Giant: causes a volcano effect area effect on players

some hues are custom so will have to pick own hue for frostr and fire giants

Attachments

• Giants.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 250
Downloaded Package and unzipped it. Looked at scripts, all looks nice but I noticed 3 different girdles of giant strength as loot on the hill giant. Problem is there is no script included for the girdles. Did you forget to include it?

joshw

Sorceror
oh get rid of those they are custom graphics and the whole shabang on my shard so just delete this code

Code:
switch ( Utility.Random( 50 ) )
			{
				case 0: PackItem( new GirdleofGiantStrength() ); break;
                                case 1: PackItem( new GirdleofGiantStrength2() ); break;
                                case 2: PackItem( new GirdleofGiantStrength3() ); break;

}

joshw

Sorceror
If anyone has any suggestions for special abilities for other giants im kinda stupmed on what to do for them I have Storm Giant and Cloud Giant left to d lol

Zotos

Sorceror
Storm and sky? wouldnt they be the same? I was thinking something maybe lightning or some type of wind effect that blows you away? just a few ideas for ya.

strahd47

Wanderer
Well if you wanna go with storm and sky you could go with something like this:
Storm giants special ability could be some sort of lightning attack (perhaps even summoning of energy vortices) while Sky giant could blow you away :)

Zotos

Sorceror
strahd47 said:
Well if you wanna go with storm and sky you could go with something like this:
Storm giants special ability could be some sort of lightning attack (perhaps even summoning of energy vortices) while Sky giant could blow you away :)
HUmm wonder where that thought came from?? :confused: just kidding you just built on what i said. but thats how it all starts ;)

ssalter

Account Terminated
tough buggers...sheesh, killed me in 1 hit. Never could get any of them to throw magic at me although they handily healed themselves.

joshw

Sorceror
lol its not srom and sky these are taken from D&D so yeah there are two dif giants named storm and cloud many others but there are subraces of giants lol the bolt effect i was gonna do for storm but was thinking of a fog or haze effect for cloud giant hmmmz lol

Nagash

Sorceror
A nice cloud effect that make almost impossible to see anything and slow down players. That would be great, is tit possible?

Joshw

Thx I'm going to add these as soon as I get a chance. I loved your horse barding BTW. You are very good with graphics. I look forward to seeing more gaints :)

Celaldor

Wanderer
just a couple things i noticed

1. in the frostgiant's avalanche spell when it wears off it says "The Basalisk's Avalanche wears off" (or something like that)
2. in the firegiant you've got the savagae vs. orc opposition group listed
3. (this could just be that i dont see where its called) in Frost giant there is no call for the avalanche spell except perhaps the AI.. in which case you are missing the MageAI.cs

telekea

Wanderer
Josh, would you mind posting you girdles? I do not use custom art but we could use the Ninja Belts or the Obi as a replacement for the custom art.

telekea

Wanderer
Nice package but the FrostGiant.cs does not call for its spells anywhere in the script and does not cast them in game, and is rather weak . It also asks for Mage AI but has no magic skills, and is not much stronger than a normal troll. Looking forward to a working update.

ssalter

Account Terminated
You could always just hack a quick "blizzard" effect for the FrostGiant...something like this file.

Attachments

• FrostGiant.cs
    3.3 KB · Views: 15