RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green Programmer

StratusX

Wanderer
Green Programmer

Okay well, hey there. I'm new the the whole scripting for UO.. I havn't done scripting since my sophmore year of high school when I programmed 3 levels of Frogger all by scratch (visuals and everything). It wasn't really that hard because it was in Visual Basic.

Well, at the time, and even know, I am playing Ultima Online and I have been asked to join as an Admin for a server. I'd like to do some scripting but I really don't know where to start. I assume I will need a program (like VB or Delphi) to view the current script files for UO but to be honest I'm not really sure. I was hoping I could get some good advise on which way is the "right way" to go about this.

Thanks.

Jeff

Lord
Applications:
Basic - Notepad
Intermediate - Notepad++
Pro - Visual C# Express 2008

Where to start: google.com, type C# tutorials.

Zaroff

RunUO Web Developer
Jeff;832555 said:
Applications:
Basic - Notepad
Intermediate - Notepad++
Pro - Visual C# Express 2008

Where to start: google.com, type C# tutorials.

I would start with C if you only have VB experience.

Learning the basics that C# is based upon often offers more understanding.

Make sure you find some resources that cover namespaces and inheritance - those two are big in a project like this.

Links galore!
C Tutorial
C# Station - C# Hello World! Tutorial
C# Station - Namespaces
C# Station - Inheritance