RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guard Bribe

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Guard Bribe (UPDATE: July 18, 2004)

Summary:
A system that allows players to bribe off kill counts.

Description:
These two small scripts allow players to buy off kill counts for 50k each. Thanks to Alari for fixing some strange error and thanks to Ghetto Smurf for thinking this up!

Installation:
Just plop these files into your custom scripts folder. If you want to change the bribe amount, just find all instances of 50000 and 50,000 in the guard GuardBribe.cs script and change them.

In game, just add a CrookedGaurd somewhere and say bribe within a few tiles of him. A bribe gump the comes up allowing you to buy off counts.

Hope you have fun with this script! Please post and ideas, bugs, or comments here!

Update: July 18, 2004
-Fixed various issues with closing the gump
-Fixed problem where bribe amount could be increased even without sufficent funds
-Money is withdrawn correctly from player's banks now
-Numbers no longer reset if you try to bribe off more kills than you have or if you try to bribe more money than you have in your bank

Attachments

• Guard Bribe.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 262

yoshadii

Wanderer
This is an awesome idea, very creative. I am not really a PvP based server but this is too cool. It'll make it's way to my script folder soon. Thanks for your patience.

Night Breed

Wanderer
Thanks for the script. It will make my pvp players think about killing players to many times. It gets expensive to keep buying off muder counts.

Night Breed

Halciet

Sorceror
Looking at the date of the first post and the fact that it has no edits, I'd assume it is the old version. However, the old version works fine with 1.0 as far as I know. I mean, I have it installed on my server with no issues, though I currently have no crooked guards spawned, of course.

-Hal

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
Yeha, did not think to look at the date. This was a cool script, I lost it on a format and had hoped that somebody would re-post it or something.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
There are a few issues with this script. Since I see people are still using it I'll update the zip in a few hours.

<edit>This isn't a repost, it's the original one. It should work with 1.0 though.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Well I seem to have lost my updated version of this script. So I'll have to retest the system and then rezip it. It'll take me a few hours but the script will definitely be up by tomorrow afternoon :D

kokosbytow

Sorceror
ok i you say now :) :

CS0117: Line 13: W 'Server.Moblies.FightMode' .... 'Agressor'

Who can change this ?? i need this script

in crookedguard.cs

P.S. Thx for all