RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Guide]How to script using VB. NET

noobie

Wanderer
[Guide]How to script using VB. NET

First of all, I need to mention I dont know VB.NEt and I hate the language but this thread (it says you cannot use VB.NET for runuo) might discourage people to script in VB.NEt. The thread is closed, so I had to open a new one with the guide.

Instructions: (assuming you know how to use an IDE )

-Create a blank solution
-Add a C# class library project. (name: RunUOCore) (could be also console app if you want to execute runuo) (delete default .cs file)
-Extract all core files to this project.
-Add a C# class library project (name: RunUO) (delete default .cs file)
-Extract all distribution files to this project
-Set project dependencies for this project: Add RunUOCore
-Add a VB.NEt class library project. (name: RunUOVB) (delete default .vb file)
-Add reference->Browse in the .NEt tab->Select RunUOCore.dll (in the output folder in RunUOCore project)
-Add reference->Browse in the .NEt tab->Select RunUO.dll (in the output folder in RunUO project)
-Build RunUOVB. (to create RunUOVB.dll)
-Select RunUO project. Add reference->Browse in the .NEt tab->Select RunUOVB.dll (in the output folder in RunUOVB project)
-Select RunUOCore project. Add reference->Browse in the .NEt tab->Select RunUOVB.dll (in the output folder in RunUOVB project)

Now, both C# classes are accessible in VB.NEt project, and VB classes are are accessible in RunUO and RunUOCore.

How to use it with RunUO.exe:
-Copy RunUOVB.lib to RunUO directory.
-Open <RunUO Folder>/Data/Assemblies.cfg
-Add RunUOVB.lib at the end file
-Run

Good luck with VB.NEt