RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hacker safe protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzk90

Lord
hacker safe protection

the server i worked for was recently hacked and destroyed by a recently banned group of users

to prevent this from happening i have come up with an idea that could help prevent this from happening to anyone else

basicly it works the same as a bank pin

when a staff member logs in they are a player
then they enter there 12digit pin # and there acess level is raised to the designated rank

the pin and rank are specified in the script which is located on the host comp

the pin is conected to the players serial so no random player can guess it, if they put in a pin belonging to somone else it will return the same message as if the pin didndt exist

when the user logs out it automaticly sets the user back to player so when they log back in they have to re enter the pin

the pin, because its only located in the script would be protected from methods like bruteforce, the only way to change a pin would be serverside which only the admin (and anyone who has remote acess) has acess to

staff gets 3 chances to put the right pin in, if they fail there account is flaged and locked until the admin changes the pin and password

it if possible would also ban that ip that tried to guess the pin

this would be a great safeguard against those who get past the client password

Endicott

Wanderer
that would be a great idea just well im not good at scripting yet so i cant do stuff like this lol so if u make anything plz post this would help alot

Quantos

Lord
They can already bind the account to their IP. Combine that with a smart password and you should be happy.

There is no reason for anything else. If you want more, script it yourself.

*Thread Closed.*

Status
Not open for further replies.