RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[halp] how to run razor on linux

Nataq

Wanderer
[halp] how to run razor on linux

im trying to run razor on linux but i cant, the problem is with .net framework, i cant instal it properly on wine... anyone have a solution for runing razor on linux?
is it possible that one day there would be razor linux version?

im using newest ubuntu.

Sparkster

Wanderer
run winetricks

I tryed it but not successfull, but I think it dont works because my system is x64

on i32 i think it works

winetricks install .Net 2.0 successfull

Sparkster

Wanderer
how make it work?

I want to play UO on Linux because I dont have M$-Windows
UO works... but without Razor is BAD!

can someone help me?

clark71822

Sorceror
I'm having problems as well. It shows .NET 2.0 installed successfully but Razor won't install cause it says I need .NET framework. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) 64 bit with Wine 1.1.42 and latest Winetricks. Any suggestions?

Update: Finally got Razor to work. I removed aforementioned version of wine completely and installed version 1.2 rc 7. I installed .NET 2.0 first before changing any config options for wine or installing anything else, which seemed to do the trick. Then I installed corefonts and fontfix along with d3dx9 and d3dx10 (probably unnecessary but did so to be on the safe side). I couldn't get UO Gold to install, so I ended up copying UO from my Win7 partition to my wine directory, installed Razor without any problems, and both seem to be working fine now.

Hypnotize

Wanderer
Running Linux Mint 14 KDE 32-bit and Ultima installed and patched fine and razor installed but will not execute any thoughts on this particular OS issue?