RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hell_Cell

otimpyre

Sorceror
Hell_Cell

Don't Send them to jail. Send them to Hell!

I recommend putting this in felucca & or in a black area using regioncontrol found in archives to prevent travel spells. Also you can use "Alambiks Addon2Static" if you wish to convert the addon back into statics to recolor the tiles flames ect... The cell on my shard has flames hued 1165 and all blood hued darker at 1157. I used Arya's Addongenerator to make this.

On a side note: You can add a res gate and a monster that can't be killed in this room to torment those unruly players that don't know when enough is enough.

Attachments

• Hell_CellAddon.cs
    29.8 KB · Views: 187

otimpyre

Sorceror
My_Cell

I've noticed with the addon you will have to [area set light yourstyle or just set the light level in regioncontroller to fix the light from the flames. I made the cell with my light level at 100% & overlooked the matter. For some reason Arya's Addongen script wouldn't record the hues of my blood tiles or flames. So heres what it could look like if you turn it back into static and use my hues. Fire 1165, Blood 1157

Ryan_2005

Wanderer
Hey man, I dont really use scripts like this but I downloaded it for the future shard im bring up... That is a sweet looking script man great job...

Sunshine

Wanderer
Very cool and even though we have a jail we like ...maybe use this as part of a dark evil quest...hmmmm now my brain is going to hurt..giggles

Asmir3

Sorceror
Wow nice idea i like it looks really kool keep it up. Btw this wont lag this server sence its addon?

otimpyre

Sorceror
Actually...

Anything you add "MORE" of that isn't frozen will cause lag. Lag is caused by either connection or having loads of images that your or other peoples computer has to read. However you can use the script addon2static then [area freeze addon. But this involves configuring your server to be able to freeze/unfreeze. And creating a patch for them to upload. That way the material is already on their computer meaning less work on their computers. *tries to seem all smart *
Personally I use Neruns distro with "Range Player Sensitive" set to true. This helps with lag a great deal. Since all monsters only appear when a player is within range of them. Its one of the greatest lag reducers I've seen other than freezing/patching. Having custom built areas like Hell_Cell for example also means that transparency wont work on walls. This means a player who dies behind one of the walls wouldn't be able to see their corpse to dbl click it. Have seen that happen in the past.

Anyway enough rambling on my part. Glad to see everyone likes my contribution. :)

Ceph

Sorceror
nah not a monster that cant be killed, instead make the region automatically set all stats to 1 and fill the area with rabbits with fightmode == fightmode.closest

NiteStar

Wanderer
A really nice job on this (wish I could fix it so my wife would log on inside it :) ) but then again if I did that I might be sleeping with my dog for a week or two.

I shall save this in case I ever do a public shard instead of my private one.

Thanks!!

NiteStar

A really nice job on this (wish I could fix it so my wife would log on inside it :) ) but then again if I did that I might be sleeping with my dog for a week or two.

I shall save this in case I ever do a public shard instead of my private one.

Thanks!!
Ha ha. That's no lie. With the shackles around her ankles and duct tape around her mouth.

Yep that would be the perfect place for my wife :)