RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help compiling the .exe

Nalo-

Sorceror
Hey all, I've followed this thread to setup my RUO server

However I'm using an old shards files (I say 'old' but it closed about 8 months ago, so the files are relevant). I get these errors for assembly references when I try to build the RunUO.exe

"Metadata file 'System.Core.dll' could not be found"
"Metadata file 'System.Xml.Linq.dll' could not be found"
"Metadata file 'System.Web.Extensions.dll' could not be found"

As seen in the picture below. I'm a junior .NET web developer, so I'm not completely ignorant, but I have a lot to learn, and after MUCH googling, couldn't solve this issue.

Thanks =]

Attachments

• ruo.png
    202.4 KB · Views: 7

Nalo-

Sorceror
Thanks for the response =]
Here's what's in the Assemblies.cfg:

System.dll
System.Core.dll
System.Web.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
OrbServerSDK.dll
UOArchitectInterface.dll
System.Web.Extensions.dll

I took a quick look at your screen shot and it looks like you are using a runuo 2.2 build which uses a .net 2.0 frame work. I am fairly certain those 3 assembly files were changed with newer versions of runuo (i think starting with 2.4) when runuo started the transition to .net 4.0.

If you are trying to take a server that was built on a 2.4 or newer platform and put all the files into a 2.2 compile I could see you getting these errors.

Likewise if you made some custom scripts using the .net 4.0 assemblies and tried to compile them in a 2.2 environment you could have some things that will not work.

Nalo-

Sorceror
Ok great, that's helpful. Should I try rebuilding the project using .net 4.0 assembly? Not sure how to resolve that. I noticed the the RUO client was 2.2 as well but didn't know if it was an issue.

I would grab the current stable 2.4 or 2.5 build and start rebuilding the project from there. The older scripts will work (some need more script knowledge to work then others) but for the most part you should be ok.

Nalo-

Sorceror
Ok I don't see what you mean with 2.4 or 2.5 ... the 'lastest' build for RunUO.exe when downloaded is 2.2 Build 4782.3756, even though the main runuo.com site says v2.3