RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Getting Started Scripting

etinch

Wanderer
Help Getting Started Scripting

I know I am showing my noobness by posting this but I really would like to learn to script. Is there a "Scripting for dummies" website or a book I can get that can get me started? I am getting tired of having to try to edit other peoples scripts. I want to create my own.

Thank God for the noob forum or I would have never posted this :)

Quantos

Lord
The best that I can suggest is to do a search on Google for C#. There are different styles of learning, so a book that works for me may not work for you. I would suggest finding something that works for you, then finding a book along the same lines.

S

shadeuo

I have tried the C# sites on the web and have learned very little using them. best bet is to open the .cs files and look at what makes them work. change a few things and see what it changes. mostly trial and error with hands on is the best teacher.

Ravenal

Knight
i agree man i have gone 6 months and gone along way, i cannot belive how much i learned... :p! Thanks to Phantom, XxSPIDERxX, Dev, Tru, and all the comminuty! ALL OF YA ROCK!

Macil

Sorceror
Or if text books arent your thing, as they arent for me heh. Find someone willing to run through some of the basics with you and see if you can't build off that. 'Least that is what I'm doing. : )