RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Help!] how to setting the monster locate ?

wakao2005

Wanderer
[Help!] how to setting the monster locate ?

erm.. sorry if i asked the foolish question ..
i just straed the server about 3 hours .. when i login ... i just saw that have no any monster n creature rite on myserver .. just only the npc ....
1.how to set the monster come out ???
2.n can it locate as we like ?
3.can it set the script like orc ataccking the town ? ( as the lord of the ring , the high orc attackings human. )

p/s does this server's world have all the skills , systems setting n quest as same as general UO ? or we should need to set it by our self?

Phantom

Knight
wakao2005 said:
erm.. sorry if i asked the foolish question ..
i just straed the server about 3 hours .. when i login ... i just saw that have no any monster n creature rite on myserver .. just only the npc ....
1.how to set the monster come out ???
2.n can it locate as we like ?
3.can it set the script like orc ataccking the town ? ( as the lord of the ring , the high orc attackings human. )

p/s does this server's world have all the skills , systems setting n quest as same as general UO ? or we should need to set it by our self?

You have to spawn your own monsters.

Yes you could script an event like that, of course you would need to know C# to be able to do that.

The current version does not support the new skills, the next expansion for sure will suppport at least one.

Phantom

Knight
wakao2005 said:
ya ~~ thx a lot ...
but .... how to spawn it ? ( n how to spawn the class monster on the give region ? )

What have you done to figure this out yourself?

Have you tried your best to find the information on your own.

It takes time to explain things, and if you have not looked for your answer, I am not going to both taking the time to explain it.

Don't you dare ask for somebody else to answer your question, thats just rude.

wakao2005

Wanderer
...... i m sorry
n i m know i m still new on dis forum,
at least can u teach the key word for searching my answer ?
( i had search : monster, locate, spawn .... etc... it's just teaching us how to install the program n staring the server .. may b i had but i havent found the introduction about teaching HOW TO SPAWN A MONSTER .....

Quantos

Lord
You should generate the documentation for the shard, you can find that in the [admin control panel and then read the documentation. It will list the commands that you can use as well as more information regarding your shard that is equally important.

You should also go through the FAQ forum. It has excellent information on running and customizing your shard along with step-by-step instructions.

There are a few different spawners that you can use. The Mega Spawner is excellent, so is the XML Spawner2, and there is also the default spawner.

You can also use a premade world file, it's the one by NeRun, it's actually called the Nerun's Distribution.

The spawners and Neruns distro are located in the Script Submissions forum.

Be careful what other custom scripts you download as there are many of them that are incredibly buggy and will cause a lot of problems on your shard.

You should also go through both rules pages as well.

Rules 1

Rules 2

Quantos

Lord
Phantom said:
You have to spawn your own monsters.

Yes you could script an event like that, of course you would need to know C# to be able to do that.

The current version does not support the new skills, the next expansion for sure will suppport at least one.

As this is the New Join forum, your post is very inappropriate Phantom.

David

Moderate
Phantom, the new join forum is intended to be a haven for newbies to ask the questions everyone has when they start. No one requires you to answer any of them.

What you said wasn't so bad until you got to this part...
Phantom said:
Don't you dare ask for somebody else to answer your question, thats just rude.
...quite frankly that was just being rude.

[edit] There is no reason for anyone else to comment on that point further.

sidsid

Sorceror
Search for the Megaspawner system.
If you want prespawned monsters you can look for the 'OSI World Spawn' or somethign similar from CWard which works with megaspawner. Or you can search for Nerun's distro.
If you want to spawn it yourself you can '[add spawner' in game and do a '[props' on the spawner to set properties, and double click the spawner to set spawn types. Or you can downlaod megaspawner and a utility like MyRunUOSpawner to do it out of game graphically.

Fluesopp

Wanderer
You can also use the MyRunUoSpawner. Make a search for it and download it. Spawn your world using the program and then put it into your shard using MegaSpawner.