RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

""""""""""""""""""help pls!''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

pooka01

Sorceror
""""""""""""""""""help pls!''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

i dont know how to creat a server. i have 2.0 source, but what i do with it??? how to ""CREAT"" a server?
can anyone tell me how to creat one?

pooka01

Sorceror
i really dont know anything, here the people say other things... but HOW, to make one, its what i dont found here... i need to creat one, playing... and start to run a server... i need one.

greywolf79

Sorceror
Go to RunUO.com.
Select Downloads on left side of screen.
You will see a box with this in it:

Latest Files
Sallos Full
Sallos Quick
RunUO 2.0 RC2 Source Code
RunUO 2.0 RC2

Just click the bottom one, RunUO 2.0 RC2. When it downloads you will just need to uncompress it (think it was just a zip file so you just open it and drag the folder to your desktop or where you want it) and then inside is an exe. Just double click the exe and it will run the server. You do need a client (mondain's legacy is the most popular right now).

GreyWolf.

Amazonia

Sorceror
I got the same problem, I would like to know how to place my files. I really have no idea where to place the files, that's the main problem. For the moment, they are in a folder of the desktop, RunUo 2.0 source in the folder, and RunUo R2 in a sub-folder. When I opened, it said I had a framework problem

greywolf79

Sorceror
If you already have a UO client to play on, then all you need to do is follow my instructions and you will be able to run your own server. Then you just add scripts to it to change or add things. It is not hard. Just try it.

GreyWolf.

Amazonia

Sorceror
When i open the .exe, I have a pop up:

To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
v2.0. 50727

And I have a Windows 98, can it be a problem?

Do I have to download both Sallos or they are not needed?

Tassyon T

Wanderer
Amazonia;776417 said:
Alright! It worked! Account is created, how do I enter my shard now?

Download a client from somewhere online (download.com or fileplanet), patch it to about v. 6.0.

Go to whatismyIP.com, get your IP address.

Download Razor from the downloads section at RunUO.com

Point Razor to the appropriate IP address.

When you open up your client program, enter your login details for your new account that you just created.

darkjesse13

Wanderer
and a little tip say you found this cool script you like and want to put it in your shard you save it to your desktop make a folder in your scripts folder name it Customa and put any scripts you like in it