RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help: What UO client do we use? (Not Version)

Toriad

Sorceror
I did a search for "UO Client" and I found out the versions that are supported but what is the actual name of the client supported by RunUO.

Example being Everquest Titanium is the EQ Client supported by EQemulator

nibbio

Sorceror
since the introduction of "Stygian Abyss" and the first booster "High Seas Adventures", there is a little problem with versions and names...

RunUO can support up to Mondan's Legacy features.
But RunUO also has a basic support for using later clients, like Stygian Abyss ( 7.0.0.0 -> 7.0.8.0 i think) and High Seas Adventures ( 7.0.9.2 -> 7.0.12.0+).

To summarize, RunUO doesn't support any features of Stygian Abyss or High Seas Adventures yet, but you can log in and play with that client.

nibbio

Sorceror
If you use RunUO from SVN you can download the last client and patch it to the last version.
If you use RunUO 2.1 you must stop before High Seas Adventures ( before 7.0.9.2 ) or you can't login or play corretly.
With RunUO 2.0 you must stop before Stygian Abyss ( before 7.0.0.0 ) or you can't play correcly.
With RunUO 2 RC i suggest you to stop patching at any 6.0.x.x patch.

So with any version of RunUO you can download the related client version and patch it, or you can download the previous version then patch it to the last compatible version:

RunUO SVN -> Mondain's legacy or Stygian Abyss or High Seas Adventures, then patch to lastest
RunUO 2.1 -> Mondain's Legacy or Stygian Abyss then stop patch before 7.0.9.2
RunUo 2.o -> Mondain's Legacy then stop patch before 7.0.0.0
RunUo 2 RC -> Mondain's Legacy then stop patch at any 6.0.x.x ( i don't remember the exactly compatible patch, but this RunUO version isn't supported anymore...)

So if you use SVN version, i suggest you to download the last available client then patch it.
If you download mondain's legacy client you can also patch it to the last available version, but you spend more time to patch ( because you must download and apply any patch to transform the client in all versions between you client and the last client:
Mondains'legacy-->patch...patch...patch-->7.0.0.0 Stygian abyss ( you have exactly the same client that you could download one year ago ) --> patch...patch...patch--> 7.0.9.2 High Seas Adventures ( the same client that you could download some months ago ) --> patch...patch...patch-->7.0.10.3 The last client that you can download from UOHerald -> patch...patch..patch --> 7.0.12.0 the last patch available

Toriad

Sorceror
I love the oldschool graphic and client, but is there any client that works with RunUO that provides a cripser more modern feel to the game? Or at least supports a Resolution higher than 800x600 ;p

Theres newer clients, but they look like shit. But you can play at a higher resolutions with Razor, although after a certain point the very tips of the corners will be gray,

Jack9213

Sorceror
since the introduction of "Stygian Abyss" and the first booster "High Seas Adventures", there is a little problem with versions and names...

RunUO can support up to Mondan's Legacy features.
But RunUO also has a basic support for using later clients, like Stygian Abyss ( 7.0.0.0 -> 7.0.8.0 i think) and High Seas Adventures ( 7.0.9.2 -> 7.0.12.0+).

To summarize, RunUO doesn't support any features of Stygian Abyss or High Seas Adventures yet, but you can log in and play with that client.

I would have to agree with that it is compatible with Stygian Abyss. I had issues of my characters running around in underwear and crashes when certain decoration was added in version 7.0.34.2. When I switched to 7.0.0.0, the crashes went away and my characters are now fully clothed and can even use some of the scripts provided here.

Also, hosts should be sure to have their zlib dll files or the thing will keep disconnecting characters at start up. I made that mistake one time.