RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with [area delete command

Macil

Sorceror
I'm looking to renovate pretty much all of Trinsic in game. I never felt the city should have been made of sandstone. So I used a few commands to alter the tiles on the rooftops to cobblestone, similar to Lord British's castle. The way the old roofs were setup though, the Z axis was a little off and I need to delete all the tiles on the edges, so I have to run around and do this by hand - Trinsic has a LOT of walls with these roofs.

I always like to add tiles with complexity, so when I added the cobblestone I used graphics 1301, 1302, 1303 and 1304. Is there a way to use the area command to delete all these tiles at once?

[area delete where static itemid = 1301

That is what I'm using right now, and it works great for 1301, but I need to add 1302, 1303 and 1304 for it to delete, or I'll be here all week deleting these tiles. Is this possible?

pooka01

Sorceror
Could always use the lazy way and do 4 macros, press button select do, rinse was hrepeat...
or
i think you can do [area delete where static itemid = 1301 4
this 4 will act like when you do [tile static 1301 4 if i'm correct.
or if that don't work, try [area delete where static itemid = "1301 4"

Otherwise could always do a temporary custom command to delete itemids of that type.

Macil

Sorceror
I think I might end up having to do the macro suggestion. I did already try the tiling trick, that was the first thing I thought of but alas - no luck.

Oddly enough, I never thought to do a macro lol. Don't ask why haha. But good thinkin'. Thank you. =)

pooka01

Sorceror
Was starting a script for that but i must admit i just did bullshit. xD
Copy pasting the Wipe command and editing it to the needs could work tho, it would be less of a boreness.

m309

Squire
You could do this in about 11 seconds with CED or CED+. Its much easier than doing it in game.