RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with the no-ip

So i have created an account managed my host, set it all up, but cannot get it to allow people to connect, i have the .no-ip.biz put into my serverlist.cs and thats what im giving out but freezes at connecting... can anyone help with this? i have the program running and everything

I have read the threads and it seems like i have done everything that the threads show, but when i try and allow people to connect it freezes at connecting screen?

ViWinfii

Sorceror
Are you using a router? Have you set up port forwarding to your server for the port you are using (usually 2593)?

Im using just my Modem it has wifi options in it, and yes i have port forwarded 2593 for server, people can connect to server just using my ip address

ViWinfii

Sorceror
I haven't used No-IP software in years, but make sure that the program while running refreshes the No-IP servers with your current IP address. You may be able to put in your current ip address in at their website if you log into your account. But like I said, that's how it worked when I used it 10+ years ago. I don't know enough about it now to tell you more.

ya it automatically detects my ip address...so i dunno, just dont wanna work, i must be doing something wrong

Hiring Man

Sorceror
If not resolved, heres a few pointers:

1. Firewall is an absolute waste of time to have running except for causing a bunch of misery and difficulties down the road. Never have used one and my pc's run stronger and safer then many others.
2. You need to open ports for 2593 on the firewall as well. You do not even need to open ports for no-ip as its a redirection and its ports are already forwarded by default.
3. anti-viruses can as well be a problem.

Good luck!