RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Vista

coldblood

Knight
Help with Vista

I use PlayUO on some retarded shards, b ut since i got vista its not working.
When i try to install .net framework i receive a message that i already got it installed in vista, but when i start playuo i get the error that my system is missing the .net thing.

aj9251

Sorceror
coldblood;689279 said:
I use PlayUO on some retarded shards, b ut since i got vista its not working.
When i try to install .net framework i receive a message that i already got it installed in vista, but when i start playuo i get the error that my system is missing the .net thing.

it might be that playuo is not up to date for the .net that comes with vista.

Malaperth

Wanderer
My suggestion would be to format C: and reinstall XP and wait until Vista has been out at least 2 years then try again.

Raider

Wanderer
If you got Windows Vista i suggest stay with it XP will be sooner or later no more supports on it and the RunUO Team will have a fix for that as well or playuo so just be patients.

You just need to install the older version of the .Net Framework. Vista ships with the 2.0 Framework installed and PlayUO requires the 1.1 Framework Runtimes.

coldblood

Knight
wrong.
vista comes with .net framework 3.0
and you need 2.0 for playuo.

i was hoping for krrios or someone to halp me and not getting retarded answers like "USE XP ZOMG IM GAY"

rdx

Wanderer
nah nah, im almost sure you need net 1.1, here try this link zippy explained how to instal .net 1.1 on vista

dunt wurry, we is here to halp you;P

lol sorry but "halp" in your post made me smile;>

_Nish

Wanderer
I'm having a problem too
but mine is different, i've installed the .Net Frameworks 1.1, old directx librabry, etc, but when i open the client it opens a browser to find client.exe, when i use UO's it goes to a black screen, and when i use PlayUO's it crashes :<

vista ftl, lame i need it :<

coldblood

Knight
TheOutkastDev;691758 said:
No, you're wrong. Vista ships with the 2.0 framework.

well, my vista business has the 3.0
i installed 1.1 but tis not working, and i cant install 2.0, i get a message that i have a higher version already installed.

Jeff

Lord
coldblood;692806 said:
well, my vista business has the 3.0
i installed 1.1 but tis not working, and i cant install 2.0, i get a message that i have a higher version already installed.

Thats cause the 3.0 that is on there really isnt 3.0, its 2.05 or some shit but for vista they called it 3.0, anyway, search these forums for something like "RunUO on Vista" or something, maybe it was Razor on Vista. I remember a thread with a workaround on how to get .Net 1.0 installed on vista.