RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hex editor help

Safera

Page
If there is anyone willing/able to help me, please post here or inbox me or skype me (Safera92). Thanks.

Problem: Anytime I resave an edited version of client.exe with a hex editor, I get the error that the .exe file is not a valid Win32 application.

I saw that someone else was having this issue and that his issue was a backspace in his coding.

I am using the hex editor itself to find/replace a text string and then trying to resave.

(For instance, to make the Help URL on client load point to the FAQ on my website instead of UO's. And to make the onhover say the URL instead of the current one.)

Another option would be to delete the resource completely, but when I try to open the client in a hex resource editor, it never comes up - usually only graphics do.)

I have used various editors, all with the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Safera

Page
ANSWER = In short, find a better flippin' hex editor! Lol. Seriously.
(Hint: Your file size needs to stay the same...I think.)

More help tho for those trying to customize their clients a bit...

...most of the files you will want to edit are actually your language files (in my case English, so the .enu files).

Client Customization File Help:

Tooltips.enu - Mostly the OnHover texts for the Client Interface

(I'll edit this more tomorrow to help you out when I'm not completely exhausted, but, for now, I bid you all adeu.)