RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, need some advice/tutorial create map uo

Foul

Page
Also if I am correct..the file size for trammel/felucca is wrong you can find the correct size in MapDefinitions.cs in Scripts\Misc

RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules );
RegisterMap( 1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules );
RegisterMap( 2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar", MapRules.TrammelRules );
RegisterMap( 3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas", MapRules.TrammelRules );
RegisterMap( 4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno", MapRules.TrammelRules );
RegisterMap( 5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur", MapRules.TrammelRules );

The numbers highlighted are the ones you want to look for so the map size for trammel is auctually 7168x4096 not 6144x4096
Also, as far as I know there is currently no map editor that can edit maps 2, 3, 4, 5 ilshenear, malas, tokuno, termur etc, so you will have to make custom maps (which is told how to in MapDefinitions.cs, if you need more help please do PM me and I might be able to help more.

LastStand

Wanderer
ok i try many times but every time the map had something wrong (unpassable tile/old static -undeletable-/tile z50-tile z0 ecc) can someone explain me (like a dummy) how to make a blank map (water and black part for dungeons) but without bugs and walkable or make it for me?
because i can use centrED for build but i can't use dragon for make a walkable map :(
^^ thanks

Evanonian

Sorceror
I don't have a map0.mul file, what do I merge my bmp into? I'm using the Classic Client. I only see like map5LegacyMUL.uop etc.

m309

Squire
You can make your own blank map using CentrED, since you say you use it. Simply use the large scale commands to delete all statics on the entire map, then overwrite the area you want all water using the LS Commands as well. Do the same in the dungeon area using the Black Tile. Voila, 10 minutes max and you have a blank map. I always like to use Fiddler to defrag it afterwards as well. Good luck.

Nockar

Sorceror
Unless your REALLy set on building your own map, it will save you a TONE of time to buy a map or use one of the custom free ones out there.
We got some of our stuff form http://darkshard.net/

Once you get the sucker all drawn and it actually renders properly you still have to add statics, buildings, decorate, and spawn it. All of which can be a monumental undertaking in its self.

Evanonian

Sorceror
Unless your REALLy set on building your own map, it will save you a TONE of time to buy a map or use one of the custom free ones out there.
We got some of our stuff form http://darkshard.net/

Once you get the sucker all drawn and it actually renders properly you still have to add statics, buildings, decorate, and spawn it. All of which can be a monumental undertaking in its self.

Okay, so I was going to buy a map but they all say 'Map0 replacement' I'm using the latest client and there is no Map0.mul file will they still work? I don't want to waste money on something that won't work. And the DarkShard Contact Me page won't load.