RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

History Folder?

History Folder?

Where do I find my internet history folder? So if I visited say...www.runuo.com where will it show this? Ctrl + H is obvious but I'm wanting to locate the actual files.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
@_. I doubt it's stored in file(s) its just links to to ip addresses, it's probably all in one file.

@Bleach: No
@DDTS: The reason I ask is because I'm trying to write a program to check for keywords on previously visited pages, if the keyword(s) is found then it displays the url of the website. So in order for me to do this I'm kind of figuring that I need to know the file locations. Or am I wrong?

Rhexis

Knight
Depends on stuffs but try:
C:\Documents and Settings\(user)\Local Settings\History

Or just up one to local settings for other fun cache-like folders. Hidden folders set to show of course.

Rhexis;740313 said:
Depends on stuffs but try:
C:Documents and Settings(user)Local SettingsHistory

Or just up one to local settings for other fun cache-like folders. Hidden folders set to show of course.
Well I did an entire search of the "My Computer" for keyword "history" and came up with nothing. Actually, my Local Settings folder only had two folders: Temp and App.

Rhexis

Knight
I think it might be linked to just IE..seeing as the pages in are ones that auto-popped up for such on stuffs.

local setting\Application data\mozilla has some cache like files, but what they are/do is beyond me.

Rhexis;740316 said:
I think it might be linked to just IE..seeing as the pages in are ones that auto-popped up for such on stuffs.

local settingApplication datamozilla has some cache like files, but what they are/do is beyond me.
I do think that it's tied to the software that the URL was visited on but even when searching the individual program folders i couldn't come up with anything.

DontdroptheSOAD;740319 said:
I'm telling you, it's probably like 2345hksdfg.bin
That could be a definite issue. So if I had to scratch the idea of doing keyword-searches on previously viewed web pages viewed PRIOR to the installation of the software, how then could I make it so all the URLs were logged into one nice neat text file? and...then allow myself to search the pages for the keywords. I suppose I'd have to save the actual web pages as .html files.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
well logging url's probably wouldnt be a problem, but logging any useful keywords would probably pose a problem.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Temporary Internet Files is, as Rhexis said, in the Local Settings folder. It is a hidden folder. You might even have to type in the address. It is, however, there.

Radwen

Wanderer
x:\documents and settings\<user x>\local settings\history\

today/1week ago/etc

as TMS said, its a hidden folder.

Ah, I figured I could just find a "reveal hidden folders" button. ...apparently not. You're right, it's there. Only problem is it only shows me 5 sites for ALL of last week. Which is...way off. But maybe its because I rarely use IE? Or does it log FF as well?

Peoharen

Sorceror
95~ME, C:\WINDOWS\History
XP C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\History

They are marked as system files so you need to turn on showing them.

For you pros, find the 'index.dat' file inside the history folder. When you report back saying to found it, list which search engine you had to use to find the answer.