RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holes in the Map

RavonTUS

Sorceror
Holes in the Map

Greetings,

If someone were having problems with several "holes" in the world map and issues with xyz coordinates being wrong, what scripts (both core and non-core scripts) would you look at?

-Ravon

Note: I am trying to get this to work on a Linux (kubuntu/mono) PC. I am not Russian. I am not trying to create a fork. I want to get away from Microsoft licensing. I enjoy the technical challenge and education from using RunUO, C#, kubuntu, and mono.

the files are in the client directory

map0.mul, etc

if you know the locations - then MUL Editor is an easy way to fix them up

you then just have to patch the changes to your server and players

mordero

Knight
Just wondering out loud, but if you have holes in the default maps using mono, wouldnt those same holes exist on windows with microsoft's .net framework?

RavonTUS

Sorceror
Greetings,

mordero - good question, something I should have stated. Yes, the maps do work fine in a MS.NET. Mono is having issues and I am not sure where to start looking in the RunUO scripts.

-Ravon

floppydisc

Sorceror
The problem are most likely the dif files (mapdif*.mul and stadif*.mul). They override certain map and static blocks. Mono might be case sensitive and/or you might not have the same dif files client side as you have server side.

RavonTUS

Sorceror
Greetings,

Thanks Arahil & floppydisc. I checked to make sure they were load (by modifing TileMatrixPatch.cs) and it appears to be loading all the files correctly.

I am convinced that it is something in the TileMatrix files, since there are #if MONO statement in the section it looks like it is reading the data.

Since RunUO does not appear to have been update recently to work with newer versions of MONO, I wonder if some of the older statements are now out dated.

Maybe I will check that angle.

-Ravon

robotclown

Wanderer
Any luck finding out about "Invisible walls and holes"?

RavonTUS,

Has your research led you too any conclusions on this "Invisible walls and holes" issues that we are seeing on Mono?

RavonTUS

Sorceror
Greetings,

The one thing I have not tried to validate that it is a Mono issue, is to install Mono on an XP box (instead of .NET) and see if it works or not.

If Mono and RunUO work fine on a XP box, then I would say the issue is file/directory structure or a Linux issue.

If Mono and RunUO have a problems on a XP box, then I would say the issues is Mono related. Some code would have to be re-written to cope with the problem.

Finally, if someone is a better programmer (because this is beyond me, just a hobbyist) maybe the MOMA would help. It is a program that details items missing from Mono based on your .dll.

Here is the report from SVN 182. BTW, I keep sending the report in every time there is a new SVN. Maybe someone at Mono will take an interest and fix stuff.

-Ravon

Attachments

• MoMa Report - RunUOv2r182.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 14