RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House Aging

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Which .cs file contains the code to set houses to auto refresh or not age at all ? Thanks to anyone who has suggestions that constantly help us non experts, become a little bit better everyday at this . :)

Dian

Sorceror
Look for this, its at the top of the file, within the first 50 lines or so anyways..
First line there self explanatory, set true to enable decay, false to desable..
Other line is the amount of days a house will take to fall, once decay starts. 5.0 = 5 days.
There is more stuff you can change for different decay process, but that will get you going.

C#:
public const bool DecayEnabled = true;

public virtual TimeSpan DecayPeriod{ get{ return TimeSpan.FromDays( 5.0 ); } }

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Bro you are so cool, thank you, i would have looked for DAYS for that tidbit of info LOL , again, thank you for being so helpful !! But being its just family here i want to make them ageless so i'm just set the decay to "false". Odd tho, mine dont say "fromdays" mine says "fromhours (1.0); but as you said, changing the true to false should cure the issue . Thank you again !

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Is there a way to add a line to this script that will allow "staff only" to see how many and where a targeted players house is? So say they have 3 homes but they didnt mark any of them, we would do like a [houses and target them, and we could then click on any of the three homes and to to it, to pull the owner to it. Hmmm i think i overexplained that LOL sorry.... anyway, i been reading the script but as of this moment, i dont see anywhere i could put code into it to to that. Suggestions welcome and thank you

Dian

Sorceror
There is, I blieve its [FindHouse or [FindHouses ,similarly there is [FindBoats or boats..
Usefull tool as well, [helpinfo will pop up a display gump that shows a staff member all avaliable commands and description avaliable to them. Or at least most commands that are coded properly to the Command Registry.

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Nay, says not a valid command, can use [myhouses but that only shows homes that YOU own, and only staff can use that command, sooooo i need to find a script that allows staff to locate players homes, not sure one exsist but thanks for the input =)

Dian

Sorceror
Nay, says not a valid command, can use [myhouses but that only shows homes that YOU own, and only staff can use that command, sooooo i need to find a script that allows staff to locate players homes, not sure one exsist but thanks for the input =)

May have been one that someone in the community had written then.
Here it is, I assume it should work for your RunUO version, but if it throws errors or otherwise, let me/us know and can take a look.

I also threw in the [FindBoat script too, in case its not a distro file. Somehow its harder for me to remember these things.. I did just turn 40 on 4-20... as much as I hate to admit..

Attachments

• FindHouseGump.cs
    4.4 KB · Views: 3
  • FindBoat.cs
    800 bytes · Views: 3

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
AGAIN buddy you are Amazing !! Thank you, i will load it now and try it out. Will post results in a few.:D Assuming these go in Distro file?

m309

Squire
You can add them anywhere in your Scripts folder as long as you know where they are. Most people create a folder called Custom or Customs to add anything in that doesn't come stock. These wouldn't be distro files.

Sachin Esha

Wanderer
Yep, they work Dian, thanks, put them in my gump folder since they are gumps, Very nice .cs indeed. Thank you once again and btw..........i got you beat.......((((49 here ))) lol