RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House Builder - Updated 01/10

Great, thanks! I'll be sure to add it to the download page I'm working on, when it's done.

Anyway, the export as house script is full of bugs, it doesn't really work. :oops: I'm getting into it now tho, at least it creates a house instead of a bunch of statics. Getting there.

zombie3000

Wanderer
Scroll Bar On Right Side of Program window.

Was wondering if you could add a Scroll bar on the window.

Making any house over a 20x20 runs the house plot off the screen, with a scroll bar, we would be able to scroll up and down and edit the tiles that are off the screen :) (left and right would be nice too)

JollyGreen83

Wanderer
Hey all, I'm having some problems... any help on this one?

ee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Ultima.TileData" threw an exception. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Attempted to access a path that is not on the disk.
at Ultima.Client.GetFilePath(String file)
at Ultima.TileData..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Ultima.TileData.get_ItemTable()
at Ultima.HouseComponent..ctor(Int32 index, Int32 z, Int32 baseIndex, Int32 count)
at Ultima.HouseDesign..ctor(String filePath)
at Ultima.Core.miLoadDesign_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
House Builder
Assembly Version: 1.0.1369.21434
Win32 Version: 1.0.1369.21434
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Adam%20Thomas/Desktop/Belmore%20UO%20Shard%20Development/HouseBuilder/House%20Builder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
Ultima
Assembly Version: 1.0.1338.1619
Win32 Version: 1.0.1338.1619
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Adam%20Thomas/Desktop/Belmore%20UO%20Shard%20Development/HouseBuilder/Ultima.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

cefyl

Wanderer
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Ultima.TileData" threw an exception. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Attempted to access a path that is not on the disk.
at Ultima.Client.GetFilePath(String file)
at Ultima.TileData..cctor()

is ultima online well installed on your computer ? It seem it don't find the folder

House Maker

Wanderer
What that error means is some part of the TOOLBOX.XML files has become corrupt. Have you gone thru and deleted it. Then go thru and redownload the program and see if it works..

House Maker

Wanderer
I have completed the new TOOLBOX.XML file, and I did some graphics updates to the program. I made some custome icons. They are 32x32 and 16x16. And they are part of the EXE file. Here is a link to DL the updated proram..
I am also still going thru and adding more to the TOOLBOX.XML file.
Things to add...
Land tiles
Trees and other tiles so that you can make your own land areas, or maybe make an island.. :)
http://www.ianstorm.com/screens/stormstaff/Kurgan/HouseBuilder.zip

House Maker

Wanderer
The prefix is setup in the runuo software, you would have to chenge it there, then change it in the house builder program... Kinda a pain really...

Sna

Wanderer
House Maker said:
...then change it in the house builder program... Kinda a pain really...

yes then my question is HOW to change the prefix in the housebuilder program
my prefix in runuo is already changed for others reasons, and then housebuilder become useless for me

dusktiger

Wanderer
i kind of see a few things i'd like added, instead of just one.

i noticed a bug in some of the floor tiles; if you place a water tile, it will not share that tile location with a wall like the other floor tiles do.

i also found it hard sometimes to see where your placing some tiles, so maybe an invisibility function like AoS's house builder?

having a 5th floor ability would make it better too, so you can have 4 story buildings with roofs.

being able to place roofs, like the raised ones, would be a strong addition.

i know it would probably be a good chunk of extra code, but how about making the doors working instead of immobile like the walls?

the option of hue capable creations in the designer would also be a great addition as well.

another thing i'd like is that i dont normally know what i want to call the building until i finish it, but you still need to come up with a name at the beginning; could it be possible to add a rename design function? i tried renaming it manually, but it corrupts the files and it will crash the builder if you open it after it's changed, and sometimes the server that tries to use it will crash too.

could you also make a tutorial to tell how to make the houses show up on the map for players to find them via the radar?

it would be handy if the foundation floor had a quick key like the other floors too. i like them quick keys :D

lastly, and the most important thing that players want to see on the houses made with this program, is the ability to have the houses be treated like a home that can have things locked down in it. i'm guessing that's what the alpha stage house on in rc8 is for?

what you have so far is a very strong layout for what will most likely be a great program that all staff will end up using in time.