RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House Builder

Iomega0318

Sorceror
House Builder

So I cannot find this program for download anywhere and
everywhere I do actually find it (that includes on the RunUO forums) every link to it is dead!

I am looking for House Builder RC13+

Please tell me someone still has the dang thing..

Galdar

Sorceror
I'm pretty sure I have it at home.....

I used to do half my stuff in HB, then export it to UOArch, build it in game an detail it... the use UOArch to extract and archive. Like everything else it has it pros/cons.... HB was faster to do the base work. UOArch was good for the mid level detail work and roofing then ingame PB or CED was great to finish it off with all the customs and fine details.

and it was NOT a Krrios tool btw.... :)

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Galdar;794840 said:
I'm pretty sure I have it at home.....

I used to do half my stuff in HB, then export it to UOArch, build it in game an detail it... the use UOArch to extract and archive. Like everything else it has it pros/cons.... HB was faster to do the base work. UOArch was good for the mid level detail work and roofing then ingame PB or CED was great to finish it off with all the customs and fine details.

and it was NOT a Krrios tool btw.... :)
If you could look that would be great, and indeed it is not one of Krrios.
Galdar;794841 said:
after a VERY quick search .....

House Builder

This MAY be the one that EA/UO put out when custom homes where put in. I'll keep looking for the other one.
This one I have actually found, but it is the wrong version.
I need the one if anyone has it possibly from:
Uo House Builder Working Version - Forums - Ultima Online @ IanStorm.com

Ravenal

Knight
You do realize that UO Arch is using part of the same framework that House builder was designed in. What does it not have that you so much need????

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Ravenal;794918 said:
You do realize that UO Arch is using part of the same framework that House builder was designed in. What does it not have that you so much need????
Ummm.. no :p
Well in UOA when you place a floor tile or wall tile then try to add some deco it replaces the floor or wall tile..
House Builder doesn't do that..

Ravenal

Knight
Yes thats a known bug. I will probably be speaking to Khaybel about it, and fixing UO Arch to be a better version...

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Ravenal;794925 said:
Yes thats a known bug. I will probably be speaking to Khaybel about it, and fixing UO Arch to be a better version...
Yep.. and if they could get that fixed.. I would probably stick with only UOA, I love it!

SavageWolf

Wanderer
rite ok lolool

well i have the UO HB 13 and well was just woundering if u want to build with more than 20 by 20 you cant see all of it and cant move to look at it all,
is there a button or something to alow you to free move ????

HB-Guy

Wanderer
House Builder

Lord_Greywolf;796458 said:
except the links in there do not work

Hello all. I had to reg to post this.
The links to IanStorm do not work, as the site is slowly going down.
But I have gone thru and done up and nice how to, and download area.
The new site for House Builder is as follows.
Which I do update as needed.

House Builder

Any questions please let me know.

savagewolf
hild the shift key down and right click and drag and you can move the screen around
just make sure you hold the shift key 1st, else it erases stuff instead

and HB-guy - thanks for the new link :)

HB-Guy

Wanderer
House Builder

I have the Source up there.
And I am needing some help on a few things.
HB will run in Vista and WIN7.
But as soon as you try to resize the ToolBox. HB crashes.
Any help on this would be nice.
Also for you master coders..
There used to be a Hue option in HB, but I had to take it out, as it would cause major crashes.
If someone wants to look at maybe putting this back in.
Go for it..
Let me know.

well hue option was useless anyways, the export routines and import into like mulpatcher does not support hued items in the multi's

but what version was this made with?
also what .net? because every time i go to run the one tou made it crashes
and gives me this windows error message:

housebuilder.exe - common language runtime debugging services
aplication has generated an exception that could not be handled.
prodess id = 0xa80, thread id = 0xca8 (3240)

click ok to terminate the applications.
click cancel to debug the application