RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Houses to Static?

Yandor

Sorceror
Houses to Static?

Just wondering if this is possible, can you build a house, say a keep or castle, and make it a frozen static building? Or are there other ways to have it be a non "player" house and just a building like the normal City buildings?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
I build houses on my server with Pandora or UO AR, I then freeze them on the map files and pass them out to players. Especially the really big castles and stuff, if not. It will create a lot of lag for the player any time they go near it, too much and it will even force them to disconnect.

You can easily turn frozen houses into actual houses that you can rent and sell to players using the Town Houses script. It's a great addition to any shard. I love it myself, and use it a lot.

Yandor

Sorceror
wow quick reply thanks, yeah I have UOAR and Pandoras box, I'm just being super lazy and wanted to know if there was a way to place a keep/castle and more off a custom designed house on a plot and make it frozen to the server files.... Cause I've got a bunch of custom houses on plots (don't ask why) and I want to upload them into UOAR and other programs but they need to not be a house design.... So yeah i'm just wondering if I can do it without having to rebuild them using pandoras box or uoar.

hopefully that makes sense.

i believe UOAR will copy custom houses, otherwise there is no way of doing it with out rebuilding them that i know of for sure, but maybe:

custom scripts in script release:
you could try addongenerator - it might grab custom houses, not sure though, never tried it
then use the addon generater, and the command addon2static, then freeze it

Yandor

Sorceror
k I'll give uoar another chance, the server crashed the last time I tried to extract the custom houses, so yeah, thus the reason why I'm wondering if it can be done. I'll also try out the addon generator Thanks!