RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I abolish player use razor?

qdjx

Wanderer
How can I abolish player use razor?

I suggest RunUO dev team add a switch in core to allow server admin determine support Razor or not.

thanks.

psz

Administrator
Why? What does Razor do that you do not want your players to do?

I've asked this before, and have yet (on five different threads) EVER had this answered...

Phantom

Knight
Zippy isn't going to make Razor be detectable at least not for a very long time.

The most he will do is allow UO Gateway to allow/disallow it when Mr. Fixit release UOG 2.0 ( this feature is not promised, ie it might or might not happen at all ).

So till such time, there is no way to stop somebody from using Razor.

well if they are uogateway users just dont enable it on gateway. as far as injection users hmmmm personaly id like to beable to disalow injection users. razor i have no problem with but injection is breeding ground for cheats. :evil:

Phantom

Knight
Because of the nature of both there is no way to stop neither.

If Mr. Fixit makes UOG detect Razor, might be possible to detect injection, not saying there is, but with him and the dev team here, perhaps only allow UOG client launches to coonect ( just an idea ) would stop injection :) for sure, Razor would be supported or could not be allowed, simple grayed out option to use Razor ie use it as a plugin.

Phantom said:
Because of the nature of both there is no way to stop neither.

either :D better "not" to use "no" double negatives :D sorry phantom couldnt resist :D

edit: feel free to slam my 1000+ spelling errors :D

psz

Administrator
I'm still waiting on why to not allow Razor... :rolleyes:

Injection I understand: Very easy to make it a cheat tool. This would be A Bad Thing(TM)

ummm because it might make a players life easier? I mean seriously if RunUO is to honestly emulate OSI then should it not make the players experience as uncomfortable as possible?

Just kidding to be honest that is why my server supports Razor i could find no reason not to support it.

qdjx

Wanderer
psz said:

Injection I understand: Very easy to make it a cheat tool. This would be A Bad Thing(TM)

Hmm, just a question, no reason. Maybe i wanna trouble my players.

Someone report me razor cause a warning windows when recall, but i cant reduce it. Because razor is in beta test, I am afraid that maybe it make my server unstabled. I wanna allow player use it when it offical release.

well thats not a 100% true statement. :D if like A Cow does you run the server and client on the same machine, there is a remote possibility that razor running attached to a client that is on the server could possibly hang or cause some other process to hang. there by rendering a 98 machine helpless and force a reboot there by loosing server time (a time warp) and if this remotly possible system hang should happen to occur during a world save it could corrupt your current save file. Like i said this is an extreamly remote possiblility but i think phantom would have to agree that it is however within the realm of possibility.

aside from that phantom is correct there is no way for razor to crash the shard or zippy would not release it. trust to that. :D

Phantom

Knight
silverwolfe said:
well thats not a 100% true statement. :D if like A Cow does you run the server and client on the same machine, there is a remote possibility that razor running attached to a client that is on the server could possibly hang or cause some other process to hang. there by rendering a 98 machine helpless and force a reboot there by loosing server time (a time warp) and if this remotly possible system hang should happen to occur during a world save it could corrupt your current save file. Like i said this is an extreamly remote possiblility but i think phantom would have to agree that it is however within the realm of possibility.

aside from that phantom is correct there is no way for razor to crash the shard or zippy would not release it. trust to that. :D

1) 98 sucks

2) Cow's computer sucks if he can crash his shard/server like that

3) he has no players so who cares

4) did I mention I hate 98?

5) :D

lol

please note phantom never said that this was not possible

:D

oh and i must note that all phantoms statments are accurate in the post just above this one

:D

psz

Administrator
Bah. I run two clients and the server on the same machine all the time! Still get 3.5-4 second world saves!

Granted, I'm running XP Pro, not 98...

And this machine is a custom built P4 2.53 with a GB or Ram...

And I've been doing this almost as long as I could walk...

But still! ;->

So, after all is said and done, there *IS* no reason to not allow Razor.

Ok, then. I will still allow Razor ^_^

EGG

Wanderer
You can block injection if you want to, if your server only uses the later 400x clients, injection doesn't support them. You can still wangle it so you can log in with injection using the higher clients, but it's buggy and crashes frequently.

Most of the common hacks/cheats in injection can be stopped serverside anyway. Even on a pol server. dye, auto-loot etc

Zippy

Razor Creator
It would of course be possible (and pretty easy) to detect injection using a client side application, but you'd have to convince your players to run it.

At this time there are no plans to allow Razor to be detected by RunUO or any other emulator. I will of course not stop krrios from adding anything to RunUO which could detect razor, but its kind of a conflict of interest so I surely wont be adding anything to RunUO or Razor to make this possible.

Quantos

Lord
A surefire way to detect it is to ask them, most people will admit to using an agent. I don't see what harm there is, with a good macro set up in game, all an agent does is slow you down.

Yyrkoon

Wanderer
Sounds a bit like paranoia to me. Suggestion, download Razor yourself, and see what it does before you start asking questions like this. Dont see how this could be used to exploit/crash a server, altho I was able to crash my client with it once (dont recall how I did it)

Razor is a very good helper app, which makes things much easier for players, such as one key potion and banage use (WITHOUT having to set an item every time) Now if only it had all the functionality of UOA, it would be uber.

stradicaster

Wanderer
psz said:

I'm also wishing to stop my shard users from using razor, simply because it makes PVP easier, drinking potions, auto disarming, bandage self without having the problem with drinking potions (LastObject makes you click the potion and then the bandages, making it harder). Razor makes PVP much more easier and thats why in our shard we dont want our users to use it. But sadly there is no way to detect it... in the mean time we will just have to check player by player what are they doing.

:)

R

r00ted

so you disable Razor for them, and they just use easyuo instead.