RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How come I can`t Select the Elven or Gargoyl Race?

Phr3d13

Sorceror
try making a new character, I think it should bring up the correct paperdoll once you have made all the necessary edits. don't forget to recompile your exe

guyjin

Wanderer
heh sorry for sounding like a total newb to this but when you say recompile you basically mean restart runuo right? im a pretty fast learner but not very word wise if you know what i mean lol.

guyjin

Wanderer
ok well iv compiled and its not changing anything... im sure im doing something wrong somewhere but i dont know what. this race is such a pain >.< dang paperdoll. and i just got a full race change deed and it doesnt recognize the race there either. but i can login as a garg and move and everything. i cant for the life of me find the problem. or maybe im not looking in the right places............ any input is appreciated....ty

guyjin

Wanderer
yea thats actually a pretty good idea, i compare scripts when making or fixing them anyway. havent checked out SA yet i dont think tho. and to you insanity, iv already got the maps and such just not a working gargoyle class atm. cant get the dang paperdoll to work and thats about it atm -.- thnx for the imput tho guys

happymarc

Squire
Ok I get it... Everybody tells me that Orbsydia's Work is based on an old version of RunUO and that there's a lot of ''Junk'' Scripts in their Work...

In your opinion, is their server way off in therms of stability and content from today's RunUO? What is so different from Their Server and RunUO's?

And if RunUO only focuses on ML content only, why are there always new releases for it... What keeps getting added up to it?

Thanks a lot for the information. I'm starting to get the hang of this.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
The RunUO team is still a long ways behind, including the ML stuff. So they're constantly adding ML stuff that they're missing, updating the svn to support newer clients, and so on. The RunUO core has also had a little work done to it lately, mostly just more .net 4.0 support.