RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i create this system?

StrikeRTM

Wanderer
How do i create this system?

Is there a FAQ somewhere? All i could find was custom ore creating FAQ.
FAQ for custom wood types was nowhere to be found

The way i want this script to work is like this:

If i have special logs\boards in backpack it creates a special bow\crossbow\heavy-x\yumi. Basicly there are options added to it. If the regular boards or logs are there, regular bows are created. Enen better if the logs cannot be made in boards at al, and it isn't nesacary, you can create bows, x-bows..etc with using logs right?

I want to use this on fletching tools only, just bows and crossbows, nothing to do with carpentry or any other skill, just bows and crossbows.

Lumberjacking, getting these woods not so easy:
I want there to be such chances to get a bonus of special wood, i dont want it to spawn on some trees and on some not, i want there to be a chance, say you usualy receive 10 logs in trammel, now you would have a small chance to receive 10 regular logs and 5 special in trammel, 10 in felucca.

The chances on tree cut finish to receive a bonuss logs:

Cherry wood - 5%
Ice wood - 4%
Fire wood - 3%
Elwen wood - 1%

Minimal bowcrafting skill required to craft these would be 99% .

The colors are supposed to be:

Cherrywood logs (dark red, possibly blood red as tailor bod reward cloth)
Icewood logs (neon-ice till i find soemthing more suitable line non-neon)
Firewood logs (same as icewood, jsut blaze for now...else later)
Elwenwood logs (green with dark "bits")

Options:

Cherry wood

40% energy damage
75 luck

Ice wood

60% cold damage, 40% physical damage
20% hit harm

Fire wood

70% fire damage, 30% phsical damage
25% hit magic arrow

Elwenwood

80% poison damage, 20% physical damage
mage weapon -20% skill
spell channeling
no fc minus

If anyone is interested in creating or showing me how to do this nice system, pelase help me out. Well, it is nice isn't it? ;)

Thank's for everyone who helps me out :).

georox

Wanderer
You need to start on it yourself, not expect it to be made for you. Note script support, not request.

StrikeRTM

Wanderer
georox said:
You need to start on it yourself, not expect it to be made for you. Note script support, not request.
I understand that. Completly. I just dont know where to start, if you can't help me dont spend paper, please. I dont even know what to change and where. I need help with this.

georox

Wanderer
look at premade custom ore/log scripts, look in the oreinfo.cs and so on. Have fun, dont bother asking for a script if you didnt try yourself, we wont help if you dont try to help yourself.

georox your tone could be a bit nicer he has only 21 posts he is new to forum similar to myself, its not that irritating that someone is looking for help forums get confusing, dont be so harsh

georox

Wanderer
Would you prefer someone else saying it?
Do not request scripts anywhere on the forum. Attempt to write it yourself, the friendly master scripters of the Script Support forum will be glad to help out, and you will learn something from it.
Straight from th rules.

StrikeRTM

Wanderer
Phantom said:
I have 25,000 posts

I still try my best to follow the rules.

I certainly don't expect people to argue about the rules.

If he wants help he will have to post what he has. If he cannot do that, then we cannot help him

Part of doing it himself is planning the entire project. Thats the hard part, he shouldn't expect us to do it for him.
Well how do i know what script i have to change to add an chance to get 5 logs of special wood? How do i know what to put in there?

And i wasn't requesting anything.

Those custom ores wont help me, they do not have a chance of spawning somewhere not being put in the backpack with an possiblity to be put in there when you finish cuting a tree. Nor do i can find a way to make shure those lgos are used correcly when crafting something and that options are added.

I have done much already to make my shard look like something i want it to, Has fully new map, i understood how to make it work with runuo, how to change the xml files and everything else including cumtom moongates' etc. But i dont knwo where and what to pu into. I have to customize some scripts, can't even anyone point me to the right direction? i Explained what iwant, you get the idea. Why cant anyone jsut tell me where do i have to change something, dont evn explain what, just tell me where to look for all this.

Yea, shure i can make a block-shceme but it wont work with runuo, runuo isn't just a C#, it's a system of it's own codes, if i dont knwo it, and i dont i cannot even come up with an example. It's not like this language is easy as it was with sphere ether. But it is better. I came up with an question where i have to change something, cant anyone atleast point me to the right direction please?

Yea, i write fast, there are mistakes.
yea, i like to write much :p .

Murzin

Knight
from what i understand you are talking about runic bonuses? try looking at the runic hammers and how they are setup since they come with runuo distro. if you are talking about base resource bonuses then look and find out where they are set... i think its oreinfo.cs. all you have to do is enumerate the new wood with the bonuses, and make runic fletching kits.

Minerman

Wanderer
Well what you have to do just open engines/harvest ...... and have a look by there . It´s easy but what you want will be hard for you if you start scripting in that way.......

Kamron

Knight
Anybody who has a slight bit of common sense, and can read past the 5th grade level would be able to realize that they should read the forum rules before hand. Notice how 99% of the poeple don't? Thats a conscience decision, and therefore regardless if he had 21 posts or 2,100 posts, he would get the same response. Do not request.

As for making this system, for someone who is new to C# and to RunUO, I do not suggest this as a starting out script to accomplish.

StrikeRTM

Wanderer
Murzin said:
from what i understand you are talking about runic bonuses? try looking at the runic hammers and how they are setup since they come with runuo distro. if you are talking about base resource bonuses then look and find out where they are set... i think its oreinfo.cs. all you have to do is enumerate the new wood with the bonuses, and make runic fletching kits.
Not runic bonuses, just the certain type of wood would give certain bonus. I'll have a look at it, thank's.

StrikeRTM

Wanderer
Minerman said:
Well what you have to do just open engines/harvest ...... and have a look by there . It´s easy but what you want will be hard for you if you start scripting in that way.......
What do you mean?

jjarmis

Wanderer
He means that if you dont know much about C# then this task is too advanced for you. Take Spider's advice and start with some simpler code.

StrikeRTM

Wanderer
I dont need simpler code i need what i need. I dont need to script some stupid mobile or item that i dont need. What i'm i asking so damn hard? Just tell me how to make a % possibility of some item being dropped in playermobiles bakpack or how to make this item craftable and options to be added to it.

It is easy to say, took there, search for that, how do i know what part of code does this or that... yea i understand what's written there, but i dont knwo how to put the damn code in some other script to make it work.

sidsid

Sorceror
StrikeRTM said:
Just tell me how to make a % possibility of some item being dropped in playermobiles bakpack
look at the ore harvest system and make the wood harvest operate the same way. Theres not a way to say that easier because you should be the one to understand WHAT you want. If you understand basic programming youll understand how to use that system.

StrikeRTM said:
or how to make this item craftable and options to be added to it.
not quite sure what u mean.. "craftable" you could just make a entry into the defcarpentry to turn logs to a specific wood i guess.

It is easy to say, took there, search for that, how do i know what part of code does this or that... yea i understand what's written there, but i dont knwo how to put the damn code in some other script to make it work.
thats basics of programming, it really has nothing to do with the RunUO methods. Since you can see everything you should be able to understand what it does and where it should do it if you understand some basic programming.

A_Li_N

Knight
StrikeRTM said:
Not runic bonuses, just the certain type of wood would give certain bonus. I'll have a look at it, thank's.
Not runic bonuses, but wood that gives certain bonuses. AKA, runic wood?
Harvesting wood is the same as harvesting ore. Creating new wood is the same as creating new ore. Defining what bonuses each type of wood gives is the same as defining what bonuses each type of ore gives.

If you want a crafting system that takes a FireLog and gives a bow extra Fire damage, and chance to have fireball, script it into the Crafting system. If( log = firelog ) { Give these attributes }

Find where the item is changed to the type of material you want to use, find where it changes the name of the item...aka "A Fire Yumi" instead of "A Yumi" and put more conditions into that part of the code.

Minerman

Wanderer
I started like you , i was so dummy and i have more dificulties. English ain´t my natural language so i had to learn more english and code in English . I wanted to do everything , wanted to be so professional but you have to work if you want it .

Step by step . Start making bad things and get more dificulty . In my country the builders says do not start to build the house by da roof ...
So you need to go step by step ... What you don´t need is to make that script . That´s what your shard need .

But do what you want , just take it as an advice....Have luck and dont break your brain thinking on that ..

I have to say i like to break my brain in something lookin fot the method to make it works...

georox

Wanderer
final thought on my behalf again
NO ONE IS GOING TO FLAT OUT TELL YOU! You have shown no devotion to try yourself, you just want us to do it for you.