RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I disable seasons?

Sisquo

Wanderer
I've searched and searched but cannot find the answer to my question.

I've recently started a shard for me and a couple of my friends and I find that there are snow everywhere. I have been in Mapdefinitions.cs and checked, should be summer in Trammel.

So how do I disable seasons and get rid of the snow?

Using RunUO 2.4
Client version is 7.0.34.6
Windows 7 64-bit

_Epila_

Sorceror
This is not related to the seasons, every end of year EA patch the map to simulate winter, since the client-generated winter season is not very attractive. I guess that about 14/jan EA will patch again and remove the snow from the map

Sisquo

Wanderer
Hi

Thanks for the quick answer. So there is no way to force the client to use summer tiles instead of winter tiles? I mean, EA probably don't delete the summer tiles when patching.

tindo

Sorceror
They don't delete them, they are overwritten in the map files, no way to turn them off or on. If you don't want the seasons you have to either not patch or do a custom client patch.

Sisquo

Wanderer
Hi

Thanks, so how do I know which patch contains the winter season? And is it possible to revert to that patch?
I downloaded the client from UO.com and let it patch all the way.

tindo

Sorceror
Not sure exactly when it changed since I jumped server patches, but I know that 7.0.33.1 has the summer season. With the new way it patches, you can't just roll back. You will have to find someone with the exact one you want or use 7.0.24.1.

tindo

Sorceror
The funny thing is, its client side - so people can connect to your shard with 7.0.33.1 and they will not see the snow even tho you connecting with the same client see the snow.

Sythen

Sorceror
Snow is client-side, but it can also and in some areas IS drawn into the maps as well. For example Dagger Island (that huge island looking ice burg at the top right of the map) is snowy all year long as was compiled into the map like that. The season snow is all client side, however if you're smart you will recognize that for every snow client they release they also release a non-snow client that uses the exact same files in the game folder. In other words the only thing they change is they get rid of the snow; the other files like art.mul/tiledata.mul/ all stay the same with the exception of the radarcol.mul that changes because it turns the forest to snow and vice versa during non-snowy seasons.

boba

Sorceror
you can change the seasons in mapdefinition.cs filee

the 0s and 1s before the name of the map is the seasons

RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 0, "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules );

RegisterMap( 1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.FeluccaRules );

RegisterMap( 2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar", MapRules.FeluccaRules );

RegisterMap( 3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas", MapRules.FeluccaRules );

RegisterMap( 4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno", MapRules.FeluccaRules );

RegisterMap( 5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur", MapRules.FeluccaRules );

also there is a season.cs file where you can change the season in game

Code:
using System;

using Server;

using Server.Network;

using Server.Mobiles;

using Server.Commands;

using System.IO;

using System.Text;

using System.Collections;

using System.Net;

using Server.Accounting;

using Server.Items;

using Server.Menus;

using Server.Menus.Questions;

using Server.Menus.ItemLists;

using Server.Spells;

using Server.Targeting;

using Server.Targets;

using Server.Gumps;

namespace Server.Commands

{

public class SetSeason

{

public static void Initialize()

{

CommandSystem.Register("Season", AccessLevel.Seer, new CommandEventHandler(Season_OnCommand));

}

public static void Season_OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)

{

Map map;

if(e.Length == 1)

{

for(int i = 1; i < 5; i++)

{

map = Map.AllMaps[i];

map.Season = (e.GetInt32(0));

foreach(NetState state in NetState.Instances)

{

Mobile m = state.Mobile;

if(m != null)

{

state.Send(SeasonChange.Instantiate(m.GetSeason(), true));

m.SendEverything();

}

}

}

}

}

}

}

I'm lazy and hate reading long threads but...

...when I fully patched the Ultima Online Classic Client it put 2 different client.exe files in my UO directory: client.exe (v7.0.34.15) and client_tc.exe (v 7.0.29.97). If you use the client_tc.exe file you won't have any snow on the ground.

tindo

Sorceror
Yes, client_tc is the client for Test Center on EA servers. Understand that it is not always stable (tho its usually fine). Because it has not been updated (its still 7.0.29.97) it does not have the snow.