RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Do I Get Rid Of The Test Center Features?

vgates81

Wanderer
How Do I Get Rid Of The Test Center Features?

Thanks to Mebane who wrote this originally. Without this I would'nt have gotten my shard to work right! Gotta pass it on!

FAQ
==============================
Q. How do I get rid of the test center features so I can make my shard a standard shard?

A. 1. Rename the file scripts/Test Center/SetSkills.cs to something without a .cs extension. (I usually just add .disable to the filename) This removes the player set command so they can't set there skills.

If you still want them to get the free items, ignore this next part.
2. Edit the file scripts/misc/CharacterCreation.cs

On line 484, add the characters // to the start of the line. It should look like this when you have edited it.

Code:
//FillBankbox( newChar );

Then move down a few lines to line 496 and do the same thing so it ends up looking like this when you have edited it.

Code:
//new WelcomeTimer( newChar ).Start();

3. Edit the file scripts/misc/serverlist.cs

Go to line 26 and you will see the line

Code:
public const string ServerName = "Test Center";

change Test Center to whatever you want to name your shard.

grinan

Sorceror
is there an update to this? Is there an updated faq for runuo that is current?

I have a lot of questions.. then when I come here and read and search the posts, I see that a lot of the information is incorrect.. apparently because of version changes.

Take this post for example... I do not have a "skillset.cs" in my test center folder.. instead I have a testcenter.cs file.. do I do the same thing, put disable at the end of the filename... to disable the test center functions? Do I still have to follow the rest of the steps? When I tried this, I got all sorts of errors when starting the server.

anyhelp appreciated.

Kamron

Knight
Yes, go into Scripts\Misc\Test Center\TestCenter.cs
and in the script file, set this line
Code:
private const bool m_Enabled = true;
to
Code:
private const bool m_Enabled = false;

However, I just checked and its disabled by default.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
That explains why I recently downloaded RunUO 1.0.0 again, deleted the Test Center folder to disable it the old fashioned way and it was like: "LOL WHAT THE HELL!?" I must have overlooked that change in one of the changelogs. 0_o