RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how does it work

PSI-Stalker

Wanderer
how does it work

?
Ok I got the RunUO server program and the framenet one.
Now what do i get or do to start playing it on my computer.

K

Krazy_zack

You patch UO all the way up.

You download UO rice and "uorice" your client.

You make a new login.cfg file with the following lines:

[code:1]; login.cfg file for RunUO Server
LoginServer=*your ip address*,2593[/code:1]

Replacing the *your Ip adress* with the proper one.

Or make your login.cfg file look like this: (but only YOU can connect to the server using this login.cfg your players will need the login.cfg configured as per the above example)

[code:1]; login.cfg file for RunUO Server
LoginServer=127.0.0.1,2593[/code:1]

You create a shortcut to the "uoriced" client in your UO dir.

You double click on that shortcut every time you want to play.

Nemesis

Wanderer
How does one set accounts? When i login with my admin character how do i create my account and set my privs to that of a admin?

SickLab

Wanderer
You can't actually.

For beta purpose, the first created account is an admin. And the other is player.

krrios

Administrator
Yeah, RunUO's account system is very primitive. I'm hoping to get XML accounts along with a nice GUI editor in beta4.

K

Krazy_zack

Yeah, RunUO's account system is very primitive. I'm hoping to get XML accounts along with a nice GUI editor in beta4.

In a word SWEET!

PSI-Stalker

Wanderer
I am now Omega man because i have reduced myself to picking on the poor bankers and towncriers because i dont know how to get anything else. Bad me, i cant even get a little abject to apear. twisted

PSI-Stalker

Wanderer
i would like to fight em where are they or what are the commands to get em oh and for the blacksmith i cant get that one either

Eagle

Wanderer
You would add a banker and get close to him and say "bank" ;) also just a note for those of you that are having trubble ading items/npc you can download UseUO , a RunUO GM tool and use it untill you get more of a feel how to do it manualy ;)

-Eagle Out