RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How set the str/dex/int cap ?

GeorgeSystem

Sorceror
How set the str/dex/int cap ?

all players have str, dex and int max 125, i need to change it... ! i know StatCap is 350, but i need to change str, dex and int CAP ! Thanks !

there is also an other internal cap in AOS.cs file also (or was it playermobile)
that set the cap to 150 from total of their stat and all bonuses, so that needs to be adjusted also for each of them
(search in the files for 150)

but remember many things are geared fgor the 150 max and having it higher can goof things up, like to high of dex actualy makes bandages take longer to use, and other misc problems all over the place

GeorgeSystem

Sorceror
my str/dex/int cap are 125... and i AOS.cs hace this code...

Code:
public override int Str
		{
			get
			{
				if( Core.ML && this.AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player )
					return Math.Min( base.Str, 150 );

return base.Str;
			}
			set
			{
				base.Str = value;
			}
		}

125 isn't 150.....! and SkillCheck.cs dont have any 125 or 150 number.. !

that is the 150 cap i was talking about

and skill check should have 125 in there some place, unless you are using a modified skillcheck - there will be 3 lines like this:
case Stat.Str: return ( from.StrLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawStr < 125 );
that is your 125 cap there

remember changing these also effects critters training also

GeorgeSystem

Sorceror
ok, i did it..:! but see it...

Code:
		public static bool CanRaise( Mobile from, Stat stat )
		{
			if ( !(from is BaseCreature && ((BaseCreature)from).Controlled) )
			{
				if ( from.RawStatTotal >= from.StatCap )
					return false;
			}

switch ( stat )
			{
				case Stat.Str: return ( from.StrLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawStr < 190 );
				case Stat.Dex: return ( from.DexLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawDex < 190 );
				case Stat.Int: return ( from.IntLock == StatLockType.Up && from.RawInt < 190 );
			}

return false;
		}

i change it for 190 and the players can up from 150, no more.. why ? thanks..!

Sexy-Vampire

Sorceror
Lord_Greywolf;803805 said:
there is also an other internal cap in AOS.cs file also (or was it playermobile)
that set the cap to 150 from total of their stat and all bonuses, so that needs to be adjusted also for each of them
(search in the files for 150)

but remember many things are geared fgor the 150 max and having it higher can goof things up, like to high of dex actualy makes bandages take longer to use, and other misc problems all over the place

its in player mobiel
Code:
 }

#region [Stats]Max
		[CommandProperty( AccessLevel.GameMaster )]
		public override int HitsMax
		{
			get
			{
				int strBase;
				int strOffs = GetStatOffset( StatType.Str );

if ( Core.AOS )
				{
					strBase = this.Str;	//this.Str already includes GetStatOffset/str
					strOffs = AosAttributes.GetValue( this, AosAttribute.BonusHits );

if ( AnimalForm.UnderTransformation( this, typeof( BakeKitsune ) ) || AnimalForm.UnderTransformation( this, typeof( GreyWolf ) ) )
						strOffs += 20;
				}
				else
				{
					strBase = this.RawStr;
				}

return (strBase / 2) + 50 + strOffs;
			}
		}

public override int StamMax
		{
			get{ return base.StamMax + AosAttributes.GetValue( this, AosAttribute.BonusStam ); }
		}

public override int ManaMax
		{
			get{ return base.ManaMax + AosAttributes.GetValue( this, AosAttribute.BonusMana ) + ((Core.ML && Race == Race.Elf) ? 20 : 0); }
		}
		#endregion

#region Stat Getters/Setters

public override int Str
		{
			get
			{
					return Math.Min([COLOR="Red"] base.Str, 1000[/COLOR] );

return base.Str;
			}
			set
			{
				base.Str = value;
			}
		}

public override int Int
		{
			get
			{
					return Math.Min( [COLOR="Red"]base.Int, 1000[/COLOR] );

return base.Int;
			}
			set
			{
				base.Int = value;
			}
		}

public override int Dex
		{
			get
			{
					return Math.Min( [COLOR="Red"]base.Dex, 1000[/COLOR] );

return base.Dex;
			}
			set
			{
				base.Dex = value;
			}
		}

note on mine it allows players to get up to 1000 on yours should say 150 this is only wit hextas with items on char creation is the stat cape like 250 that will alow gains to set #
this here anows stat bonuses to add over thet 150 lock up

deathwearer

Sorceror
Sorry for reviving an old topic, but I'd like to get more informations about the 150 cap on individual statl. I am going to increase this to 200/250 (max).

I'd like more detailed informations on the things that can happen, and what is the point where it start to goof up (Was the over 150 a warning from you greywolf, or it is the real point?)

And also does it apply to mobs (The problems)? (Clearly not since they would be very weak under 150, but I'm just making sure)

Thank

the 150 is cap with bonuses and is the standard

many formulas are based on them capping out at 150

but higher ones will effect str bonus damage with weapon, HP increase will be higher, more weight carrined, etc
dex for stam amount and speed
int for mana for spells, special attacks
bandage formula messing up
basicaly need to chack all formulas that use the stats, and they are hard to find, because of being short 3 letter words

using like inforapid ( InfoRapid - Software für Projektmanagement, MindMaps, Wissensmanagement, Dokumentenmanagement, Dokumentenverwaltung - Freeware von Straub Softwareentwicklung ) can make it easier
use case sensative and search for .Str then .Dex and .Int (with the . in there) that should give you most if not all the places that check for Str, etc

as for mobiles, they are ment to have higher ones, so that is not a problems, and those caps do not effect them anyways

Sexy-Vampire

Sorceror
deathwearer;805416 said:
Sorry for reviving an old topic, but I'd like to get more informations about the 150 cap on individual statl. I am going to increase this to 200/250 (max).

I'd like more detailed informations on the things that can happen, and what is the point where it start to goof up (Was the over 150 a warning from you greywolf, or it is the real point?)

And also does it apply to mobs (The problems)? (Clearly not since they would be very weak under 150, but I'm just making sure)

Thank

check my post again where i have 1000 you will see 150 so ex player stats cap out but items add more str int dex ex set changing where i did will allow tho extra points move on i set 1000 because i have some big mean mobs will 2000+ srt ex mephisto he hits hard and his breth is 1 hit killer i rather max evos hard to get seeing as they virtually tank every thing if you breed them right...

Want to make sure before making the changes

I am using the latest svn and have changed the player mobile to max str 500 dex and int to 300. The server im running has a stat cap of 600. However players can not gain in str above the 125. I understand how to change it. What I would like to know is if it will bring alot of trouble if i set the skill check to 200 in ea. aside from the bandaging being a little slower and the higher weight carrying capacity and so on. Is there any real danger from changing this.

Thank you in advance

str bonus damage will be up
almost all weapons will end up being at max speed (so they will only need to use max damage weapons instead of comparing speed to damage ratios, etc)
spell damage i believe is effected on Int bonus

there is many many things that end up being modified

Thank you for the information Lord Greywolf. I'm going to make some adjustments and see what happens and if everything goes crazy ill be sure to post what happens.